E63 Insurance- Tracker Requirement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richywiseman

Car
E63 AMG, Previously C63 Coupe
My Insurance company (Churchill) is insisting that to be covered for theft on my E63 I require a tracker, my C63 didn’t require a tracker.

Has anyone managed to insure their E63 without requiring a tracker?

After doing a bit of research it appears that some companies are over 50k and some 75k before requiring a tracker? I have taken the Mercedes 7 day complimentary insurance cover in the meantime and the guy was hinting that if the car was under 75k he would cover me without tracker, which of course I did.

So I have 7 days to get something sorted, it’s not that I don’t agree with trackers I just don’t want the hassle of separate transponder etc.

P.S. 2 more sleeps until I pick her up…………………………………:bannana:

As you have said above different insurance companies have different thresholds for what level of vehicle they require a tracker.

Over the years i have installed trackers on various cars and some of them you think why does it need a tracker. I did a tracker last year on a 2000 bmw X5 cant really see why it needed one to be honest but he couldnt get insurance without it.

Certain trackers are insurance approved and dont have a separate transponder with them. They are usually the Cat 5 ones that go on cars over like £120k

Mine's with Privilege and a tracker's never been mentioned, though it's valued on their policy as not worth more than £75k which, of course, it's not.

The only time I was asked for one was on an S8 Audi which I bought as a used car so I've no idea why they picked on that one. I traded an E55 against it and it wasn't required for that either...

Aviva for me - no tracker requirement, though mine wasn't over £50K.

^ Same for me - Aviva, no tracker requirement, but value < £50k

Thanks for the replies, with the extras is roughly 80k, but I suppose if I say it is <£75k and it is stolen the gap insurance would make up the difference?

I will try Privilege as Mercedes didn't require a tracker....but there annual premium was £1100 !!!!

The Mercedes insurance is provided by Aviva, so I'd definitely enquire of them and get a quote. Typically the Aviva premium has been between 60% and 70% of the Mercedes policy when I've had both quote, albeit it's not as generous with courtesy car provision and so forth.

My M5 was £28k and Directline still wanted a tracker. Keep shopping....

I had to get a tracker fitted for my ML63AMG,and that is insured through Merc.

Having a car stolen is a major irritation. I think that a tracking device is a good idea and not to be thought of as only needed when an insurance requirement.

Just my twopennyworth!

I wouldn't want my car back if it was stolen. Who knows what they have done to it.

Admiral and Privelege don't require trackers. You could try them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom