E63 Rear Ended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damiandavis

Car
E63
Rear ended and not in any good way.

Travelling back on the M27 in commuter traffic minding my own business and smashed into by a twenty something in an Audi TT.

The TT was totalled. The E63 has a cracked bumper, tail light, left Exhaust pushed in and a boot that won't close.

Hoping the damage is largely superficial but worried the car will be either a write off or will be classed as a CAT D and lose residual value.

Sad Face
IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0233.JPG

Dam, at least your ok The Merc took it well by the looks

Bad luck..........fingers crossed the chassis is OK.
At least you are unhurt. Bl00dy Audi drivers:doh:

Sorry to hear, hopefully you can get something sorted with the insurer.

Thanks all . I was surprised how well the merc stood up to the impact . Almost had me into the central reservation and somehow he didn’t hit anyone flying to the hard shoulder . He was a wreck ! Will post back when I get some repair information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is a bummer. You must be well sick. I feel for you.
I hope the damage isn't too bad.

The insurance estimate will be high as they will be pricing up with new (original parts). The impact bar behind the bumper will probably be dented so that will need to be replaced as well. My wife had something very similar happen to her 2016 Mazda CX-3 and the insurance estimate was £3,800!

At least your ok mate, It will probably be written off sadly, but you could buy it back and get it repaired? it will prob be a cat D. They may surprise and just repair it.

I hope they don't write your car off. But the Audi is a write off for sure. Every cloud has a silver lining...one less Audi TT on the road.
Glad no one was hurt. I hope it works out ok for you.

Took a better look underneath and there is damage to the undertray is a mess . Also boot floor pushed in . All doable but price will rise . ..

I reckon it will need:
Rear Bumper

Rear left Light

Rear exhaust

Rear wheel house

Rear Side Member

Rear Reinforcement Side Left

Rear Cross brace

Rear Heat shield

Boot lid repaint

Boot Inner Plastic Frame

Boot Catch

Floor Panel

Rear Oxy sensor?

PDC Sensors

Rear Tyre?

Seals bolts etc

Catch

Left Rear Air damper?

Electric Boot catch mechanism?

Not to miss the bumper and boot lid re-paint

Kerching!!

be4e6343ca11e0acc0694d8a7563a017.jpg
81663a741fd01b2d36acab0fb55b8d44.jpg
a5a2728fa94607ecba5ecca4148bb37d.jpg

More painful rear and underside damage pix...

So that's why the 27 was a nightmare a few days ago...

The E stood up well (as i hope you did aswell)

If you don't want to buy it back, another forum member might to repair or break (not me BTW)

Sorry about the loss though....

That’s written off, sadly. But on the plus side it’s new car time!

I’m inclined to agree that it’s looking bad . One less Audi on the road is little comfort. I’ll report on here the outcome and maybe some good will come of it if it’s junked . Plenty of good parts on there . Only owned it for 3 months ffs.

I’m inclined to agree that it’s looking bad . One less Audi on the road is little comfort. I’ll report on here the outcome and maybe some good will come of it if it’s junked . Plenty of good parts on there . Only owned it for 3 months ffs.

Let me know if you want to be unburdened by that E63 front bumper, grill and associated hardware. :D

But seriously, hope it turns out ok. To have only owned it 3 months now have it off the road must be depressing. Glad you're ok, and wish you the best.

Let me know if you want to be unburdened by that E63 front bumper, grill and associated hardware. :D

But seriously, hope it turns out ok. To have only owned it 3 months now have it off the road must be depressing. Glad you're ok, and wish you the best.

10-4. If it gets broken then you can have dibs. The grill is new as of 2016..

If it does get written off, the difference between the payout you receive and the buy-back price should be enough to mitigate the future drop in value as it is a CAT D.

If it was my car, I would take comprehensive pictures of the damage so you can demonstrate to future owners what the damage was.

You should be able to sell it easier and you may not lose quite so much if the damage was largely superficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom