E63 S AMG arrived... VMax limiter removal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pse1336982

Car
R231 SL63 AMG, V167 GLE 350de, McLaren 720s Spider, Jeep Rubicon Wrangler and BMW i3s....
Trying a new car combo of E63 S AMG Estate and SLK 250 AMG Sport - wife's choice... :).

Replacing the E300 Hybrid and A45 AMG...

Great to have big V8 rear-wheel drive back.... (had lots of 63s and M3/M5s in the past).

He is the pic...

Anyone do a VMAX limiter removal?

Don't really need any more power, but finding I hit speed limiter very quickly!

P.

Attachments

• E63S Estate.jpg
    E63S Estate.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 86
What's the limiter set at currently? I thought the 'S' variants had a higher Vmax

Not judging, but where are you driving to hit that kind of speed?

Living in Surrey, even on motorways I'm terrified of going over 85 mph these days due to points and fines.

155mph right now...

It can be 186mph if you take driver pack, but I don't have that.

P.

I would imagine anyone offering a remap should be able to raise/remove it?

Go for a second ecu and a re-map. BTW there is a meet on Sunday at MSL in Birmingham if you are located anywhere near there where you could discuss the options :thumb:

A black E63S estate - me like :thumb:.

Best way to remove the limiter is as Steve says via a remap which you can either have done on your standard ECU or with a second ECU keeping the original stock.

You looking to do VMax or similar ?

Only really wanted the VMAX removed... Tune / ECU will come some day... but right now still getting to grips with 585hp!

I heard that you could use Mercedes Xentry.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Change Benz AMG speed limit with MB STAR Diagnostic System : rtqobd2

P.

If it can be done the only problem with that is that your ECU has been altered and would possibly void any warranty :eek:

Having a second ECU means you have the standard one for everyday use and the other for "special occasions"!:bannana:

Not judging, but where are you driving to hit that kind of speed?

Living in Surrey, even on motorways I'm terrified of going over 85 mph these days due to points and fines.

I'd be surprised if there are any major roads you can get away with doing a ton and a half for long...

I normally stick below 95mph on public roads but usually travel at 70/75mph usually (believe it or not).

I'd be surprised if there are any major roads you can get away with doing a ton and a half for long...

I normally stick below 95mph on public roads but usually travel at 70/75mph usually (believe it or not).

I do believe it, it's too easy to lose your licence in a single journey these days. That's why I was curious.

I know some members drive in Germany.

We all did TV2 and hit well above the 155 limiter, for VMax and these types of events it's essential. Peter hit 182MPH or so I believe in his E63 estate.

CraigWeistecC63 said:
We all did TV2 and hit well above the 155 limiter, for VMax and these types of events it's essential. Peter hit 182MPH or so I believe in his E63 estate.

Agreed

I think the point of the question though is unless you are planning to run your car at events like VMax and TV and/or you want to do some Autobahn tripping then why bother ? Removing the limiter won't get you to 70, 100 or 155 any quicker !

Going to Germany - near Stuttgart...

The reason I want to do the delimit is because I regularly fly to see a customer in Germany. We make radio telemetry gear that Bosch and other use on testing grounds. Next time I am planning to drive not fly...

Agreed that 155mph on any road in the UK is insane.

P.

Hahaha. Sell that car and get a Prius ! Actually, I had a BMW I3 behind me at the traffic lights and I was in my wiifes C320 Cdi ( mapped to 270 Bhp) I nailed it as I could see the driver behind was eager ... Looked behind me at 60, it was right up my bumper !!!

VMAX removal is not a problem on this car. ECU cloning is an option too :)

Hahaha. Sell that car and get a Prius ! Actually, I had a BMW I3 behind me at the traffic lights and I was in my wiifes C320 Cdi ( mapped to 270 Bhp) I nailed it as I could see the driver behind was eager ... Looked behind me at 60, it was right up my bumper !!!

No chance! I may consider a hybrid next to avoid the oily shyte altogether although that could be 5 or 10 years from now... :bannana:

I've done the same speed on motorways since I've owned it - with some exceptions of course! I see it as managing the risk. I would be sad to get done for speeding at 80mph FFS!

Funny you mention the i3 - I had a mini traffic light grand prix last weekend. Some middle aged "petrol head" woman (you know the kind) who thought her wedge-shaped Celica would be quicker off the line than that crappy old Merc.

:devil:

She was easily-proved wrong obviously but out of the dust emerged an i3 and whilst my I was not accelerating any more - I was quite impressed at how quick it made ground on me and went straight passed.

Alright, I could have sunk it but you get a feel for what is actually quite quick by how it pulls away from you vs. how far down you have the loud pedal pressed.

It's certainly the way forward for performance albeit no nice soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom