E63 W212 with PPP.....Is LSD standard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayboy222

Car
Mercedes E63
Hi all

I've just picked up a pre-facelift W212 E63 (Bi-turbo) which comes with the Performance Package Plus and Drivers Packages. I wondered if having the PPP meant that my car has the Limited Slip Diff as standard?

My data card lists the P30 Performance Package at a cost of £5,412 but doesn't list the LSD.

Thanks for any advice.

The lsd was a factory option.

You are locking for code 471 mechanical locking diff.

Well that code is not on the datacard but if the LSD is not included in the PPP at almost £5.5k then what on earth do you get for the money!?

Well that code is not on the datacard but if the LSD is not included in the PPP at almost £5.5k then what on earth do you get for the money!?

An extra 30bhp ish, maybe red calipers, maybe alcantara on the steering wheel, etc.

An extra 30bhp ish, maybe red calipers, maybe alcantara on the steering wheel, etc.

Thanks, I have all of these things. I'm astonished that's all that's included in the PPP for £5.5k!!!

I had read somewhere that the E Class PPP included the LSD....must be going mad!!

Mine had it as part of the original build (see attached), but different 'data cards' from different providers show more or less detail.

Attachments

• E63PPP Data card.pdf
    590 KB · Views: 14
Mine had it as part of the original build (see attached), but different 'data cards' from different providers show more or less detail.
Thanks Bryan, very helpful. My data card doesn't list the LSD as an option, but as you say I suspect there are differences in detail based on providers.

Every E63 W212 I've seen advertised for sale with the PPP has the LSD, so I suspect it was standard. Think it was different on the C63s though.

PPP did include LSD

Agree with Alps.

I always thought PPP included the diff and PP didn't?

Thanks Alps and Cyclone1. Good to know.

Strange how it's not referenced separately on the datacard, but pleased it sounds like I have it!

Is the diff a desirable option and does it noticeably improve traction?

Yes - probably the best bang for buck out there - changes the handling significantly especially on damp roads. My old E55 didn't have one and you could easily spin up a wheel in the wet - now with the E63, I just spin up two wheels :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom