E63AMGS - yes or no for a Porsche man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bieldside

Car
Merc SL65 , Porsche 991.2 Targa 4s , Porsche 9934s, S65 Cabriolet
Ok ....
I've seen a very high spec 2014 E63AMGS for sale
I fancy something big and fast that's more comfortable shall I say than my GT3 and Spyder
I am intrigued by your thoughts about the E63
Great performance but the looks are to me slightly bland
Thoughts ....
The ultimate Q car in some ways

Great performance but the looks are to me slightly bland

The ultimate Q car in some ways
That just about sums it up.

If you want people to notice you while driving, look elsewhere.

If you want to "make progress" without attracting attention, get an E63 :thumb:

Other than that it's definitely fast and it's definitely more comfortable than a GT3 or a Spyder. It's well balanced, but it's still a big heavy car and will bite you (hard) if you don't respect its mass.

Personally, I find the notion of a big luxury saloon (or estate) with performance in the supercar league hilarious. Mine makes me smile every time I drive it :rock:

E63

Probably a test drive to find out!?

I've driven the previous model and liked it but not the price at the time - old model
Yes a test drive makes 100% sense but feedback in advance is good
Thanks

E63

I was on the verge of buying a 2011 facelift CL65 AMG
Now that's a BIG car
But beautiful in an over the top way
But an oddity and probably hard to sell if I decided it was not for me

I went from the GTR to an E63s. The GTR turned heads, phones out all that kind of stuff. The E, yes people so have a little look but not as much as the GTR or your GT3 ect but.....it's still a great car and it will make you smile. Take one out for a good spin. It is one crazy beast. I personally like the look of them. Especially if you have the carbon package like I have or the night package etc. I say definitely worth a peek for sure :)

For me, I'm happy for it not to grab everyone's attention. So it suits me just dapper :)

I've had all sorts of track cars I've used on the road regularly and also a highly modified gtr which I got rid of 2 months ago for a stock e63

I'm enjoying g the change a lot being in a comfy beast looking forward to mapping it with exhaust soon, I've made it look abit meaner by dechrome exterior parts and fitted aftermarket wheels

911's have a bit of character to them when you drive them, looks aside - if you get the same or similar connection to an E63 then go for it.

I have had my E63S for a year. After the E63, C63 and CLK Blackseries.

The E63S looks are fairly subtle, nor in your face but enough for people to turn the head for those that know cars. Mine is black, black wheels and it looks mean, but in an almost classy way. :cool:

In a straight line this thing is brutal. Get a ECU remap done and its beyond ludicrous brutal as Tesla might say. :devil:

It can be calm, 28+ Mpg all day on the motorway, but a raving missile the next.

What car can seat 5, 4 suitcases and still out perform most things that come in range. :D

I love it. Best Merc I have had.
(And I have also had a CL63 Bi, SL55, SL600 as well as the others mentioned).

Don't forget the E63S has completely revised front suspension as well as performance tweaks. It drives very different to the "normal" E63 (as if thats a normal car anyway!).

E63

Many thanks
Been watching YouTube comparing the obvious candidates
M5
M6

M6 seems to be a valid option
E63 described by Chris Harris as the taxi on speed.
Test drive set for Monday
£93k new so most boxes ticked
Be interesting

E63

As I love my SL500 I've thought of upscaling to the SL63
But not really a fan of the looks and again under the revised looks still an old car
You can tell I'm undecided!!!

Bieldside said:
As I love my SL500 I've thought of upscaling to the SL63 But not really a fan of the looks and again under the revised looks still an old car You can tell I'm undecided!!!

I'm loving my SL63. Pus a smile on your face just starting it up!

E63

Oh no !! Now confusing myself
The E63AMGS has an incredible spec. It's fast. It's anonymous in many ways
I don't need or hardly ever have the need for 4 seats - no friends !!
So the SL63 ticks the fast box and the convertible box
Need to drive both !
Clearly
Oh and get some therapy

As I love my SL500 I've thought of upscaling to the SL63
But not really a fan of the looks and again under the revised looks still an old car

Presume you're talking about the R230? The R231 SL is all new and significantly lighter and bang up to date chassis wise. Lots of ally replacing steel.

E63

Could be !
My SL500 is 2006
Looking at 2013 and on SL63s
New new one too much cash

Is this instead of your Porsches or as well as? I have a similar combo which is a perfect mix of all the elements you are looking for. I have an F10 M5 which is every bit as fast as a GT3 but allows you to blend in relatively unnoticed when necessary. I also have a 991 RS which as you know is an amazing thing to drive but everyone stares at it. What I don't agree with are posters who say that an E will trump the Porsche for comfort. My RS is unbelievably comfortable in terms of seat comfort and suspension that (looks aside) I could drive it everyday. I'd guess the GT3 is even better in this regard.

E63

I'm very lucky to be able to say that the E63 will be in addition to my Porsches

Good man. Do it then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom