early c63 amg buyers guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55MO

Car
C63 AMG 2009
Hi All

Been looking for a comprehensive guide on buying a early 2008 c63 amg.

Things to look out for specific questions to ask

tell tell signs of big issues to come..

also, ive seen a car with extended warranty on sale from a private seller 08 reg 62k on the clock how much wold the extended warranty cover be for this? is it worth payng a bit extra for one with warranty or go for a lower mileage one?

thanks for you help in advance

Can't help specifically but HonestJohn.co.uk is usually a good place to start to find common problems

Warranty I wouldn't have a clue about. Never had it lol. Be careful of PP's being advertised with lsd. Although the early 08's had them fitted as standard they was replaced as an option from 58 I think. Depends if your using it as a daily driver. If not I wouldn't bother spending the extra on a lower mileage one. I brought mine with reasonably high mileage around 3 years ago. Mine gets used as a weekend toy and it's now on the low end mileage wise.

Like said. Some of the early ones suffered from head bolt issues.
If it's running oem 19's they're sure to have a crack or two on inner rims unless they've been replaced at some point. Oem 19's are prone to buckle and crack.

Hi All thanks for the responses. should be in a position to purchase ina weeks time. there are a few out there that look real good.

E55MO said:
Hi All Been looking for a comprehensive guide on buying a early 2008 c63 amg. Things to look out for specific questions to ask tell tell signs of big issues to come.. also, ive seen a car with extended warranty on sale from a private seller 08 reg 62k on the clock how much wold the extended warranty cover be for this? is it worth payng a bit extra for one with warranty or go for a lower mileage one? thanks for you help in advance

C63 w204 buying guide -

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/buy...m_campaign=Buying Guide Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

The 08 car with the warranty has sold.

Last edited:
Warrenty on 60k + car will be at least £1600 for the year

When you go look at one, make sure the top end of the engine is silent, no tapping noises. They suffer from hydraulic tappet issues which wear out the cams. This is an expensive fix, beware.

Personally I would spend a bit more and get a facelift, the interiors are so dated on early cars

Thanks I picked out an 09 plate within budget and an all singing warranty for 24 months to Inc recovery and home start. Pick up Friday. Should see some of you at blue water!

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Thanks I picked out an 09 plate within budget and an all singing warranty for 24 months to Inc recovery and home start. Pick up Friday. Should see some of you at blue water!

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your purchase, wise move with the warranty. Remember to post pics when you get it [emoji1303].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom