Easter Holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
Easter is almost here, so...

What are we all going to do...holiday?...chill at home?

Me?

Eurotunnel to Frankfurt for 5 days to see some family friends.
Wife and child in tow.
Taking the C230K so will see how it **really** performs.

I managed to locate our friend's house using street building numbers on www.viamichelin.com and then aerial photographs on google earth. The "earth" has a nice facility where you can overlay roads onto the photographs - names too if you zoom in. I am going to print out nice pictures of the trickier junctions.
The AA fuel survey - petrol is horrendously priced almost everywhere - except Luxembourg but I'm not going that far south.
Also, eurotunnel has clarified their fuel cannister allowances - max cannister size 10litres, total fuel 20litres for petrol and diesel. Still no LPG vehicles allowed.

Hope you all have a FAB time.

Les

**edit** called our friends last night. I told him exactly what he could see outside his apartment window. It freaked him out a little until I explained. Fun Eh?

Last edited:
Off to Dubai with the wife and kid and some friends. Hoping to do the dessert safari, quite looking forward to that, Not sure if they let us drive these 4 wheelers though!

The bank holidays, moving house! Saturday and Sunday - dog agility show at Ardingly, West Sussex :)

One of our dogs making a very tight turn (she missed the wing by about a millimetre):

3bcb978b.jpg

Vips said:
Off to Dubai with the wife and kid and some friends. Hoping to do the dessert safari, quite looking forward to that, Not sure if they let us drive these 4 wheelers though!

They don't let you drive them but make sure you don't eat beforehand cos it can get a little bumpy :D

While you are out in the desert you should get them to take you to a quad biking place :cool:

Make sure you take your camera ;)
x1pkvwgTG5zn8JH2CdHiT5g6RdY6c_jEqTijh2fXdYNa5rgqp8dfQfnyGUibUl22fuohDNouzypeYO-XV7S4ZdW0g9lM_2d6XRhTpS_CwdcVkHKi-x-RUfJVMXcvV56VNpJ

x1pkvwgTG5zn8JH2CdHiT5g6f-SZnDctHxMa-zEcx-FSjIclIZpof1piB2X-IJb7e-LW2sWNXdKcbPij1l1kkL3zfSdLr9PBbvagrucxFHg_p3y8TVHeVMMU61tDjuEbO-u

Where you staying over there, anywhere nice?

As for Bank Holiday, I will be in London for the weekend then going up to Manchester for a week away from work :D:D

Hi Mambo

Thansk for the good tips. Really looking forward to this after seeing the pics. Staying at Shearton Jumeira Beach

Vips said:
Hi Mambo

Thansk for the good tips. Really looking forward to this after seeing the pics. Staying at Shearton Jumeira Beach

Nice hotel, most of the ones in Dubai are decent so I am sure you will not be disapointed :cool:

Red Sea for a weeks scuba diving,I go with my local dive club every year. Wifey sits by pool reading mags etc with other dive widows!

Off to Barcelona.. Shopping, Football at Camp Neu(for my kiddo), Shopping... Sight seeing, chillin and Shopping, Drinking eating and shopping, what else is there on a city trip... they are supposed to have a good science museum.. then i'll get dragged round the shops again :crazy: Think i'm one of those poor chaps who stands in one place while the missus does 360 degree loops round every clothes rack

Off to Normandy to get some Cider:D Will have a look at the Beaches and all the D Day stuff. My two boys are looking forward to all the war stuff wife isn't:crazy:

Just booked - we're off to the Dordogne for a week:D :bannana: :bannana:

Off to Stockholm for the long weekend as it's my birthday on Easter Monday :bannana:

There for four days... any tips on must see's, is it worth hiring a car?

Looking forward to it, four days away from the office!

Last edited:
pammy said:
Just booked - we're off to the Dordogne for a week:D :bannana: :bannana:

It's fab there.... Bergerac is nice, mind the dog poo!
edit: on the pavements!

SEM said:
It's fab there.... Bergerac is nice, mind the dog poo!
edit: on the pavements!

We love the Dordogne - have been loads;) Bergerac is nice but our fave place is Sarlat:D

pammy said:
We love the Dordogne - have been loads;) Bergerac is nice but our fave place is Sarlat:D

I normally go a bit further west to Lacanau.
Used to go camping there for the whole of August.
Got a friend who lives in Bordeaux;)

Nothing much I'm affraid, other than work & a bit of 'Chillin' over the long weekend.

Hope you guy's all have a great time, and hey!................................

...........................let's be carefull out there....................Ciao.
;)

chilling at home - been spending the last 3 months staying in London mon-fri on a secondment so looking forward to spending longer than 36 hours with my kids!

(i think that come Sun morning I may have had a change in opinion on that one ;))

Off down to the inlaws in Cheltenham for a long weekend....I can feel the beer calling already!

Taking the C43 to Wales, well just west of Welshpool. It's never been to that part of the World before, it didn't mind Holland France or Spain so it shouldn't mind the land of Beautiful Women and Daffodils.
Lots of lovely bendy country roads where my freinds live and it hasn't had a good run for a while, get rid of all those cobwebs.
Where ever you are going. Just Be Careful Out There.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom