Ebay FSH stamped book...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They say they recover the car's original service history for you.... or so they say:

".......SO LET'S PRESUME YOU'RE SELLING A CAR WITH A MISSING OR INCOMPLETE HISTORY, WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?

WE CAN FIX THAT PROBLEM BY EITHER TRACING ITS ORIGINAL HISTORY AND SUPPLYING IT FULLY STAMPED IN A ORIGINAL FACTORY BOOK

OR

BY OFFERING ALTERNATIVES WHERE A TRACE CANNOT BE MADE GIVING YOU THE MAXIMUM RETURN FOR THE CAR YOU ARE SELLING.

WE ONLY RECOVER SERVICE HISTORIES FOUND ON THE NATIONAL DATABASE WHICH WE ARE LICENSED TO DO BY THE NATIONAL SERVICE HISTORY DATABASE ORGANISATION.

WE DO NOT ENCOURAGE ANY TYPE OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY NOR DO WE SELL ANY ILLEGAL SERVICE STAMPS OR ILLEGAL ITEMS. "

Confusing.... at best.

They say they recover the car's original service history for you.... or so they say:

".......SO LET'S PRESUME YOU'RE SELLING A CAR WITH A MISSING OR INCOMPLETE HISTORY, WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?

WE CAN FIX THAT PROBLEM BY EITHER TRACING ITS ORIGINAL HISTORY AND SUPPLYING IT FULLY STAMPED IN A ORIGINAL FACTORY BOOK

OR

BY OFFERING ALTERNATIVES WHERE A TRACE CANNOT BE MADE GIVING YOU THE MAXIMUM RETURN FOR THE CAR YOU ARE SELLING.

WE ONLY RECOVER SERVICE HISTORIES FOUND ON THE NATIONAL DATABASE WHICH WE ARE LICENSED TO DO BY THE NATIONAL SERVICE HISTORY DATABASE ORGANISATION.

WE DO NOT ENCOURAGE ANY TYPE OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY NOR DO WE SELL ANY ILLEGAL SERVICE STAMPS OR ILLEGAL ITEMS. "

Confusing.... at best.

Oddly enough, the ONLY place this particular body seems to exist is on the pages of Ebay adverts. It's both a scam and a con IMO.

"BY OFFERING ALTERNATIVES WHERE A TRACE CANNOT BE MADE" Of course it's a scam; or rather, facilitation of the scam perpetrated when a crooked vendor sells a car with a bogus full history, which is when the con takes place. The other alternative is to buy a blank service book off eBay, and a made-to-order garage stamp (also off eBay), and falsify your own. Bit like the difference between shop-bought and roll-your-own cigarettes...

I complained a while back to eBay about these sort of adverts, which plainly have no purpose other than to facilitate dishonesty, but got nowhere.

Last edited:
Easy to do, even if you need to get the books printed. Stamps are less than a tenner.

The worrying part is

CAR TRADERS WELCOME WE HAVE OVER 300 REGULAR CAR TRADERS IN THE UK IRELAND AND EUROPE WHO USE OUR SERVICE

Service history on a car these days means nothing if it's not verifiable by the main dealer. I've lost track of the fake service history's I've seen when car buying, stamps from non dealers with the exception of respected Indies mean nothing.

These days I assume the history is not genuine and buy on condition making sure the poor history or lack of it is reflected in the purchase price

"BY OFFERING ALTERNATIVES WHERE A TRACE CANNOT BE MADE" Of course it's a scam; or rather, facilitation of the scam perpetrated when a crooked vendor sells a car with a bogus full history, which is when the con takes place. The other alternative is to buy a blank service book off eBay, and a made-to-order garage stamp (also off eBay), and falsify your own. Bit like the difference between shop-bought and roll-your-own cigarettes...

I complained a while back to eBay about these sort of adverts, which plainly have no purpose other than to facilitate dishonesty, but got nowhere.

I have too on numerous occasions ... It's amazing how ebay support fraud.

I have too on numerous occasions ... It's amazing how ebay support fraud.

If you list an item with a 100% donation to charity, if it doesn't sell they charge you a listing fee.

They have questionable morals full stop but with the amount of money they make, I doubt they lose much sleep...

.... stamps from non dealers with the exception of respected Indies mean nothing.

In fairness , back in the days before I started doing my own servicing , all our family cars , once they were more than two or three years old , went from main dealer servicing to the local garage in our home town , who were just a general non franchise garage , a family business , servicing any and all makes of car . They did a decent job and the mechanics running the place are now the third generation of the family since we started using them in the early 60's . All cars serviced by them have been diligently stamped up and , although we generally run our cars into the ground , I have bought a fair few cars which have gone from dealer servicing in their early years to local garage servicing as they get older - I usually look at this in conjunction with the general condition of the cars , ownership records and the appearance of the vendor along with his home - if the servicing has been done by a small garage local to the vendor I will often take it at face value that the car has been looked after .

Of course there are dodgy people around who falsify things , but usually you get a feel for this .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom