eBay nightmare...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Last night I sold my iPhone, I fell victim to an internet troll. Never paid and left me negative feedback. Here is the lovely correspondence

0308c8c99a8a55564ac043a5fc1f05e7.png
3eaf5ec92f47ce00047c87e92cca5b23.png
3c5127ae202c456c30a69707a6023dab.png
7f73409c5cc2fedc4b2523a3ff40ea75.png
c35304b2f94ff81caa383df7aa90f767.png
cb75fe91aa275792074645deeee35fba.png

Any of you guys had similar?

Sent from my iPhone 7plus, which is exactly the same as the iPhone 3/4/5/6. Using Crapatalk

He will probably do the same again.

Ebay has a very high tolerance of non-paying buyers.

That's my worry, but I've blocked him. He's even changed his user ID

Sent from my iPhone 7plus, which is exactly the same as the iPhone 3/4/5/6. Using Crapatalk

I'm tempted to buy an ipad off Ebay but it's stories like this that put me off.

Have to say I've had over 500 transactions using ebay and only ever had one issue and that was years ago, I always check feedback though.

I suspect they'll just move on to the next victim; fairly low risk if you don't hit the same person twice.

I have never really had a problem with eBay transactions; other than things like "brand new" meaning "lightly soiled". Personally I prefer to state any possible "faults" in the listing so that there's no argument about it.

Now that I think about it; I did get caught out with dodgy 2gb SD cards formatted to 32gb, but the seller refunded the money when I said that Scandisk confirmed it to be fake.

He has zero feedback. You should have stated that people with zero feedback have to email first. You`d soon know what a waster he is by the broken english. Probably another foreign scammer...scum.

Attachments

• George_Agdgdgwngo.jpg
    George_Agdgdgwngo.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 20
You can change you seller settings to exclude bidders with zero feedback or less than 99% etc

Also you can sell the item to the next highest bidder if the first one falls through.

Never had problems selling .I have problems when i purchase items . Items faulty ,or dont work, or do what the listing said it should do. But Ebay have been tops ,and sorted them out I purchased some batteries that never came .The refund was started in the reselution centre and the seller sent a cheque to ebay for a refund, this bounced . Ebay paid me the refund . .seller is no longer on Ebay .

In my experience ebay are pretty tolerant of scam buyers who pay, receive the item and then do a charge back all in cahoots with Paypal.:fail

Then you have the bidders who bid away on an item, drive the price up and then when they win refuse to see the transaction through, ebay then charge the seller the fee's and refuse to investigate the buyer.:fail

Last edited:
Luckily I'm not a psycho, the guy is so stupid, he hasn't realised I know his name and address. Might send the lads round

Anyone know any good lads? [emoji12]

Luckily I'm not a psycho, the guy is so stupid, he hasn't realised I know his name and address. Might send the lads round

Anyone know any good lads? [emoji12]

Wish i did know someone, there are quite a few ebayers that need a lesson.

He has zero feedback. You should have stated that people with zero feedback have to email first. You`d soon know what a waster he is by the broken english. Probably another foreign scammer...scum.

My son had a low feedback bidder on a car he was selling, the bidder contacted him as requested in the ad and assured my son he was genuine. The bidding went well and the low feedback bidder won but then backed out and didn't pay up. My son went to the second highest bidder, "second chance offer", but they then halved their bid! :fail

My son had a low feedback bidder on a car he was selling, the bidder contacted him as requested in the ad and assured my son he was genuine. The bidding went well and the low feedback bidder won but then backed out and didn't pay up. My son went to the second highest bidder, "second chance offer", but they then halved their bid! :fail

We've sold a lot of stuff on eBay but I can't say I've ever had success with second chance offers and there have been a few.

I just re-list the item and we block the timewasting item winning dickheads.

I also think certain items attract dickheads sadly. iPhones being one of them.

The problem with second chance offers is that people will often assume that shill bidding has taken place and that they were in fact the highest genuine bidder.

It may well be better to open a non-paying bidder case, have your fees refunded and re-list the item.

Get a quote from https://mresell.macworld.co.uk/sell/

I did just out of interest for my 2014 MacBook Pro and they offered a very reasonable £610. It'd sell for probably 750~800 to an end user so that's not bad I don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom