ECO Button Yellow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveamg01

Car
c220 coupe w204
My 2014 w204 coupe eco start/stop function is not working.

On the display the button is seen written in Yellow. It should be green.

What are the causes?

A quick google says its battery related. Just type in your Q lots of answer's.

Battery issues are not always the case, if you only do short runs take it for a blow out on the motorway , mine never went green for two weeks of short journeys one run on the motorway and it's been fine since

Battery issues are not always the case, if you only do short runs take it for a blow out on the motorway , mine never went green for two weeks of short journeys one run on the motorway and it's been fine since

also winter weather related, if its cold, the car takes a long time to reach operating temperature, plus if the heating, lights etc are on, the battery will be used more and the car shuts down the stop start, to keep the battery safe from overuse by repeated starting.
As said by stewslash, give it a good run on the motorway and it will fine, short journeys are the reason.

My fathers hardily uses his. C from one month to the next no yellow ECO light always green.

Mine works on short journeys and I only do about 100 miles a day. It worked yesterday after about 5 miles of ring road at 30-40. There seems little logic to it at times.

Mine rarely goes green since the winter started, most of my journeys are around 25 mile round trips on B roads.

I am not too concerned to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As said there can be so many factors, but it is perfectly normal for it to be yellow at times. Engine oil, or transmission oil not at temperature, interior cabin temperature not at desired level yet, battery charge not sufficient to keep systems going or restart, air conditioning required to cool off, etc.

Only you can tell the actual reason, impossible to diagnose remotely unless tapped into the vehicle diagnostics system.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the detailed replies. In malta there is no motorways. Just slow moving traffic. Not healthy for our cars.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Last time I was using my COMAND for some internet browsing and it told me that unless i turn the engine off COMAND will shut down. I guess batteries need to be checked.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

on my w212, the eco function is controlled by an auxillary battery so battery conversation shouldn't be a concern (the 2nd battery located near the passenger side footwell).

So maybe your aux battery is on its way out?

That said, Eco on my E63 doesn't kick in for a couple of minutes until the car has started to warm up and even then as mentioned above, there doesn't always seem to be the same logic applied every time.

not working is great, i wish there was a way to turn it off permanently, it's more of an annoyance especially sitting in traffic. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom