ECP crosland pollen filter different to OEM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

240-singh

Hello. I have a query regarding a Crosland pollen filter I purchased from ECP for a 2005 C180k. When I removed the current filter (original Mercedes) from the car and compared it with the croslands one I brought, there were a couple differences. Although the shape and size is the same. the side flaps that you fold back and also the foam/rubber on one of the edges to make it air right seem to be mirror imaged I.e opposite side when compared. So although the filter will fit, it won't be as per the original one I removed and also the filter surface itself will be difference I.e one side is darker than the other and again not as per original. I don't want to affect the air coming into the cabin. Has anyone else had the same experience?

There are several variations of the pollen filters that MB fit to their cars.
They vary between cars that have air-con and cars that have full climate control.
I came unstuck a couple of times with W210 E-class cars.
Best to stick to MB parts (expensive !!)
Alternatively, Wunderpartz were able to supply what I needed (and at a good price.

Hi mate!

sorry to hear that, As Johnsco mentioned its a bit misleading as there are a few variations, which look identicle, but have slightly different features.

Can you let me know your order number so i can ask one of the team to look into it!

Thanks,

Pat

I'm all for keeping with original quality where you can but Crossland stuff is really very high quality and as long as it fits, seals then I really wouldn't be too bothered about the colour or otherwise.
A pollen filter is hardly 'mission critical' like an oil filter for instance and parts will always vary in appearance from brand to brand, even Mercedes supplied.

Martin

Darker colored may be active charcoal filter...

If the Crossland one is a darker colour it sounds like it is higher quality than the one you are removing, the darker colour is activated carbon which is higher spec.

ECP did the right thing and sent replacements, but I was not impressed with the construction or accuracy of either Crosland filter — which is an ECP-owned brand now, not the same company it used to be.

Thanks - just ordered an air filter and was looking at the crosland filters based on their reputation from a few years ago... Didn't realize they had been sold. Opted to spend a pound more and go bosch instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom