ECU swapping W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
A quick question for our gurus on the forum. If an ecu is taken out of w202 and put in another will it work together with EIS and steering lock? Is it plug n play or is there more to it?

i don't think there is a problem using another ecu if they were programmed for the same type of cars.
i've seen many ecu's from stripped cars sold on ebay

Hi,
There is a a coded steering column solenoid you will need as well I think, also do remember you will not be able to get spare keys for the new ECU, unless you get ownership in the means of a logbook from teh donor car, if that makes sense.
Is this for your 43? "I think" Euromerc had a brand new AMG 43/55 ECU, on his website, may have gone now but worth checking.

Hi yes Andy it is for my 43, the problem is apparently i haven't got enough space on my current ECU for new tiptronic file so i need a new one but i find this hard to believe.

Hi yes Andy it is for my 43, the problem is apparently i haven't got enough space on my current ECU for new tiptronic file so i need a new one but i find this hard to believe.

I would of thought all the Tiptronic software would be in the gearbox control unit mate. If you change the Engine ECU, EIS and the steering lock together you should be ok :thumb:

Hi Justin you are correct the TCU does also control tiptronic but a file has to be also put into the ECU which activates singnals via can bus

I need to find someone who can do this but i cant find anyone yet

Thanks for the info i will ring them tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom