ECU Testing, Derbyshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
My wife`s Toyota Rav4 Automatic developed a problem with the transmission. The gears were changing very haphazardly some days , but okay on others.
Turns out to be a common fault , with Toyota dealers charging upwards of £750 to fix , unless the car is less than 10 years old. ( ours is 11 !).
Posted the ECU unit to the above company on saturday. Got it back today , and the car now drives like new. Total cost was £258 inc. vat. great result.

The same people fixed the ecu on my W168, very helpful, fast turnaround and much much cheaper than a new ecu!

Yes they are very good. I also use another company but won't post the name as it conflicts with your thread!
Ecu testing are very good

No problem with anyone promoting another company`s name , I have no connection with ECU Testing , other than being a satisfied customer. Very impressed with their quick turnaround , even more impressed that the repair has transformed the cars driveability and fuel consumption.

I know you don't. I was saying I didn't want to conflict with your thread

Do they still offer the £40 test? Refundable if you decide to repair?

Not sure about that. The cars symptoms indicated that it had to be repaired , as apparently , will any 2000-2003 Rav4 auto. its just a matter of when the ECU develops the fault. only had the car a few weeks before the gearchanges became erratic. checked on RAV4 forum , and ECU were the company they recommend. The plus point with having your own unit repaired is that you do not need to worry about ignition key working. Just plug the unit back in, drive for 15 miles or so , and the unit is bedded in and ready to go.

I also use them now for pretty much all electronic repairs... , just because they rarely say the item is not repairable and they have a quick turnaround. Also like their txt updates system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom