Egg smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikerd4

Car
CLS
The last couple of days Ive noticed a really bad egg smell when starting my 09 320CDI CLS from cold. It clears after a short while but never quite goes away.

Ive read people say it could be the aux battery or the pollen filter, but has anyone else experienced this? Its happening as soon as the car is started and air is drawn into the cabin and as the filter for the cabin is on top of the battery thats going to be my first port of call.

May be worth getting your charging checked as overcharging will destroy your batteries and make them smell like this.

The last couple of days Ive noticed a really bad egg smell when starting my 09 320CDI CLS from cold. It clears after a short while but never quite goes away.

Ive read people say it could be the aux battery or the pollen filter, but has anyone else experienced this? Its happening as soon as the car is started and air is drawn into the cabin and as the filter for the cabin is on top of the battery thats going to be my first port of call.
Cabin (pollen) filter is a 10 minute DIY job , and cheap. Do that today and see how you get on. :thumb:

Usually a duff catalytic converter on the way out.

Cats going, do smell of Bad Eggs and they do so most, when cold (not operating). Check you are not missing any cabin bungs allowing smell into the cabin through the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom