Electric Front Headrest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickos

Car
CLK 320
Hi Guys,

I have a 2003 CLK Rag Top, the passengers headrest is stuck in the upright position.

When I try to move it down via the door switch I can hear clicking in the seat, when I move the seat forward to allow people into the back the headrest moves down automatically.

So my question is this......Do you think that the relay needs changing, where is it and is it easy to change? as the flooding occurs...the headrest moves up and down (when the seat is moved) the switch seems to work as when I move the switch I can hear clicking in the seat.

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,

I have had a similar problem on my drivers seat in my 2006 CLK 320 coupe, the problem was the PCB on the head rest motor, dry solder joints, took the motor out, dissembled it, re-soldered the pins on the board works perfectly. You can get the motor apart if you are careful, this seems to be the most common problem that causes this fault, from what I can make out. Apparently Mercedes say you can not repair this part, but you can, you just have to be careful. It could also be a wiring fault, the wire to the motor tends to get pulled tight over time and can break

I hope this helps

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom