Email hosting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
I have my own domain for personal email and it is currently hosted by Godaddy. I am on auto renewal and noticed they have whacked up the price to $79 a year, which I think is taking the proverbial. Does anyone have a good host at a more sensible price?

I use Fasthosts with a .co.uk domain and it's cheap, but I can't for the life of me remember how much.

I'm shortly off to TSO hosts with all of my domains... Very good reviews.

Basic hosting is £14.99 per year...

Switch to Gmail as part of Google for Work ($50 pa), and transfer your domain ($12 pa).

A little cheaper, much more the just email, and a great service.

TSOHosts are very helpful. If they do IMAP mail hosting I think I'll move my domains there. I am planning to move my Wordpress hosting there

Nick Froome

What Bobby Dazzler says.

Also AWS have a new mail service (haven't checked it out yet), and you can use their DNS servers via Route 53. You can also register domains quite cheaply through them.

Trouble with AWS is there are lots of nice services that you really, really want to play with and it could end up costing you.

Last edited:
if u transfer your domain to uk2.net u get free webhosting and email forwarding check it out

I have about a dozen domains with 1&1 on both sides of the Atlantic, some just email, some even only registered to keep the name, some hosted properly. All in all - not bad: reliable and versatile, and not expensive. Also have two domains with LCN.com (couldn't wait for 1&1 to offer .uk last year) - I will be moving these to 1&1 pretty soon ...

Microsoft's own Exchange Online at £2.50/mth is hard (impossible?) to beat if you want proper Exchange email.

The email you get with web hosting accounts, like TSOhosts, isn't all that but is the cheapest way of getting a lot of own domain email addresses.

Google App's everlasting free trial was the best :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom