EML light, not revving past 3000rpm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CowleyStJames

Car
Mercedes Benz S212 E350 Sport Cdi
Got the following error code on my 2010 W204 Cdi 2.1: P2454 - Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor 'A' Circuit Low.
Cleared the fault and went for an Italian tune up, about ten miles at 3000rpm.
All good, for about fifty miles but it's come back again.
I guess I was hoping it was a DPF that needed regenerating.
Beginning to think that it may be a faulty DPF pressure sensor or tubing blocked.
Anyone any experience of this and could point me in the right direction on how to fix this.
I'm used to keeping a range rover p38 on the road, so not frightened by spanner work. But totally not used to these engines so don't know where to start looking.
Thanks in advance

Got that a bit wrong, P2454 is Pending, DPF Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

Get it on a Star so some guided tests can be worked through. Codes are not enough.

Hi,

Recently had this exact problem. I replaced the DPF pressure sensor (€75 at Dublin main dealer) and my local indy fitted it. The only slight issue was not being able to re-use the original crimped clips on the send and return lines into the sensor, but small jubilee clips did the trick. No problems since.

Best of luck,

Rob ..

PS: When I got the EML I didn't attempt to rev to 3K incase it was something serious so I can't say if the car would have gone into limp mode.

Thanks Rob, describes almost exactly what I'm getting. Interestingly, when cold the engine will rev beyond 3000rpm, but once warm, it's in limp mode again.

Colin at MBS Southampton read the codes stored using Star and diagnosed faulty DPF Pressure Sensor.
Changed sensor, forced regen using Star, oil and filter change.
Running like new again.
Can't recommend MBS Southampton highly enough

Glad its sorted....another happy ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom