Emoticons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wu56Shoozz

MB Enthusiast
You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
Car
MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
Is there something we MB Driver have done or don't like using them?? There's a severe shortage of them in compassion to other sites I frequent, I mean for instance "PMSL" has its own emoticon not the "Green with envy" smiley that we have here..

Is it possible to have a few more up to date emoticons please? :eek:

You can just use your own built into your device.

There is a more button with a couple of extras. I own a hobby forum, and we have a lovely set of emoticons that match the forum's design. :D

�������������� mine don't work?

�������������� mine don't work?

Are you using a phone or tablet to post? They work fine using a PC.
AMGbow_zps992eefee.gif

Are you using a phone or tablet to post? They work fine using a PC.
AMGbow_zps992eefee.gif

Phone, must be the issue

I'm using the emoticons on the iPhone keyboard

PMSL - delightful - especially when from the fairer sex...

No wonder we have TV adverts with female voiceovers talking about poo :(.

Don't get me wrong - I'm no prude and enjoy a bit of appropriate crudity the same as the next purveyor of german adult films, but poo at tea time - yuk :mad:

They don't work in my keyboard in my I phone , they show up when in Enter in the page but once the send button is pressed and I read my reply they are wired letters and numbers !!! Not the emotions

Yes it can.

i-CONICA said:
I posted them on my MacBook Pro. These are on my iPhone. dde32dde11dde2cedd14dde2edde02edd22dde23dde2cddc4dcdffb☺️dde02

image-309880107.jpg

This is what your post looks likes to me

Your iOS version is too old to support the new unicode characters that these emoticons are represented with. Update to 10+ (or maybe 10.2+ for some of them) and they'll show up.

All the new emoticons are part of a new standard that spans all devices and all platforms. They're not specific to iOS, Android or any device, they're part of the unicode character set which is expanding all the time.

Your device needs to be updated to new enough software to know what the characters are. It'll then represent them with whatever similar icon your device has to represent that character.

Last edited:
i-CONICA said:
Your iOS version is too old to support the new unicode characters that these emoticons are represented with. Update to 10+ (or maybe 10.2+ for some of them) and they'll show up. All the new emoticons are part of a new standard that spans all devices and all platforms. They're not specific to iOS, Android or any device, they're part of the unicode character set which is expanding all the time. Your device needs to be updated to new enough software to know what the characters are. It'll then represent them with whatever similar icon your device has to represent that character.
My device is running on iOS 10.3.2 at the moment

My device is running on iOS 10.3.2 at the moment

Have you checked that, option "Do not display emoticons" or "Disable smilies in text" (on desktop) hasn't been selected by accident?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom