EMU 'Chipping'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pilotc182

Car
2013 E-Class 220SE Estate
Not sure if this is Electronic or Engine but lets start here.
Anyone any knowledge/advice/comments relating to engine management chipping, i.e. to improve power/economy etc.
Are there goods ones/bad ones ? Are they worth the money ? etc etc

Dozens of threads on this ... type 'chipping' or 'remap' into the search box!

In Australia it voids insurance (both the car warranty and the owners protection policy).

It would in th UK as well, if not declared.

Warranty voided as well...

This is true... some companys offer full warranty ...

Regards *** Tuning

This is true... some companys offer full warranty ...

Regards *** Tuning

You keep saying this, but frankly these warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. The limited warranty Mercedes offer with the Brabus chip is probably the best you can get for a chipped car, the rest are next to useless.

Russ

im very sorry about this but we are a very established company with 3 sites accross the uk

We work with the following

Local authoritys

main Dealers
-porsche
-ferrari
-bently
-fiat
-MB
-VX
-alfa
-ford
-VW
-audi
-Scania

indies

Carrie out work for lacal tuners

haulage companys

to name a few

AND YOU realy think that we would not be coverd by insurance and warranty

WE are 1 of three in the uk that offer FULL WARRANTY ......

IF you vehicle suffers from a fault as a direct implication of a remap it would be coverd by warranty

Regards

IF you vehicle suffers from a fault as a direct implication of a remap it would be coverd by warranty

I'll bet the wording says that any fault is covered if it is caused by a faulty chip or remap.
If your engine, gearbox or drivetrain gives up the ghost simply due to the increase in power, you will not be covered.

Don't play hide & seek with words.

Russ

this is not correct if it is due the the upgrade performance or economy you WILL be covered .

Regards

This is the main reason why we are selected to work with the above partys
over our competetors

Regards

Each to there own ...

You realy think we would undertake work on Brand new vehicles in exess of £100000 with no miles on the clock and not have the ability to back ourselfs up ...

I think our local dealers will dissagre you are clearly against this for some unknown reason ?

Regards

Well, you could post the wording on the warranty word for word and that would prove it.

Russ

Not a problem this is the last post i will be making on this thread we have no reason to hide or shy away from anything or any one ...

I rely do not know why this has been so hard to understand .

I will have this up as sonn as possible

If you have any further questions please call the office on 01284 70 66 63

Regards Gary

It will be like the warranty offered with coopers, crosland filters etc almost impossible to prove item warranted caused the fault.

Ie service car, then blows up 2 weeks later:D was it the filter, the oil, duff engine, unforseen circumstance etc etc.

You chip it and you must surely realise theres a risk element.

Lynall

Incorrect - This is so stereotypical

As said more time than i can count FULL WARRANTY ...

Regards

Incorrect - This is so stereotypical

As said more time than i can count FULL WARRANTY ...

Regards

Yes you keep saying this, but you have also stated previously that your warranty is the same as the one provided by ChippedUK.

Read post number 29 in this forum, http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/10041-remapping-read-chippeduk-2.html

If your FULL WARRANTY is different and covers absolutely everything, then post the exact wording and let us read it for ourselves.

You are correct about stereotypes though, chip tuners never tell you about the downsides to tuning.

Russ

Yes you keep saying this, but you have also stated previously that your warranty is the same as the one provided by ChippedUK.

Read post number 29 in this forum, http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/10041-remapping-read-chippeduk-2.html

If your FULL WARRANTY is different and covers absolutely everything, then post the exact wording and let us read it for ourselves.

You are correct about stereotypes though, chip tuners never tell you about the downsides to tuning.

Russ
ChippedUK mods the files.

Last edited:
I think also that an important part of all warranties is who underwrites it? Not saying your remapping is bad - but just say you made a massive mistake and caused damage to a lot of cars - you would be forced to declare yourself bankrupt and therefore the warranty becomes void.

So the important part of all warranties is who underwrites it - and the actual wording needs to be read carefully. I daresay you are underwritten (well I would expect you to be) so that does leave the wording. If a fault happens who examines the car? Who determines what caused the damage? Can that be read from the ECU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom