Enabling comand 2.0 tv/video on the move with DAS 03/2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdikoyla888

Enabling command 2.0 tv/video on the move with DAS 03/2007 is possible according to a fellow MB member. Does anyone have actual screenshots proving this?

I would be grateful if anyone is kind enough to show me step by step how to do this with DAS 03/2007 and post some screenshots.

They are many members in this forum that would like to know how to enable tv/video on the move for their comand 2.0.

Please respond only if you are willing to help. Thank you ;)

(((Provocative posts of the type "I know but I am not telling you" or disrespectful posts of the type "You are stupid and total novice so you dont deserve to know" will be reported.)))

Thank you for the kind effort to help. Unfortunately this is for comand aps and not for comand 2.0 dx.

Thank you for the kind effort to help. Unfortunately this is for comand aps and not for comand 2.0 dx.

I still have not got my head around all these technical names for things!! I have a 2007 E320 with COMAND, how do I know what model number, etc it is?

You have the new type comand DVD aps. comand 2.0 dx are the older comand CD type discontinued to all cars from 2002-2004 depending on the car model. I hope this helps.

Perdo, Here is some half information for you, sorry it is incomplete - but some info is better than no info.

Star has a factory mode, that can be entered into via certain key presses from one of the help screens. I can't remember which screen, but i do remember that it is documented in the documentation with Star.
Once there, it asks for a password. I don't know the password, but I've seen a dealer do it.
Then you get an extra German menu on many screens in Star, and from there (in German) you can do lots of extra stuff, including actually changing the motion interlocks that you see in normal mode for Comand configuration.

I hope that helps you a bit and someone else can expand

R

Thank you very much Richard. This is a good starting point. I will do some more reading of the STAR DAS documentation to see what I can find and will also ask my dealership as I have some good friends there. As soon as I find more information I will let all of you know. In the meantime, anyone else that can help us and expand on this is very welcome!

I have just heard from Neil Braybrook regarding this. They fit a "Video-in-Motion" module at a fitted price of £180 + vat.

Maybe we should get Neil and Perdi to meld minds on this.

I think pdwhiteside means an aftermarket video input module for comand 2.0 units not equipped with tv tuner. He just got confused on what we are talking about in this thread.

I advise you miro to stop playing smart ass and offending me and other people by making unecessary sarcastic remarks. If you dont have to offer something constructive to this thread you are not invited. We are not a bunch of idiots here as you might think.

You have been warned and also reported to the forum administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom