Engine Link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isohail72

Car
Mercedes S320 W221 CDI 2006
Hi Guys
Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!
I really appreciate all the help,i get on this Forum.
Just a quick one,i have bought a Engine link on the iphone app and the wifi OBD.
It has come with one error code,which have been cleared now. I just want to ask how accurate this device is? And the torque and vac reading,what that means? And lastly can this device can be used on Beetle X reg 2.0 L automatic?
Many Thx

OBD II was standard on most vehicles from the late 1990's and was compulsory on cars from model year 2001 so the Beetle should be compliant, the easy way to find out is just to connect up to it and try.

As for accuracy, the codes are standardised and all manufacturers should therefore present common fault codes. Remember that OBD is a fairly basic system and that manufacturers often have more complex diagnositcs that can only be accessed by their own systems.

As for "torque and vac". presumably the software is making some assumptions on engine torque from reading a number of parameters, it may not be accurate though.

The "vac" is probably a reading of manifold pressure as that changes with throttle position on petrol engines. Did the software come with any detailed instructions as to what it s doing or capable of?

You might have better luck on a VAG/VW forum? However you might have better success here if you detail the exact app/ iphone the bluetooth OBD unit used and some more detail on the VW engine /petrol/diesel

No instructions. Using wifi OBD 2, software i have downloaded from the app store "DashCmd".

isohail72 said:
Hi Guys Hope you all are having a great weekend!!! I really appreciate all the help,i get on this Forum. Just a quick one,i have bought a Engine link on the iphone app and the wifi OBD. It has come with one error code,which have been cleared now. I just want to ask how accurate this device is? And the torque and vac reading,what that means? And lastly can this device can be used on Beetle X reg 2.0 L automatic? Many Thx

I use that exact software and hardware on my w211 om642 V6. It is very accurate in my opinion mate as each time it's been spot on with my faults,lately being the glow plug relay I had to change coz of hard cold starts and it pointed our to that all the time. Very very reliable mate stick with it

Dwag, There is an error od brake disc but that software doesn't recognise it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom