Engine oil from eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wanted to add my local Mercedes sells for £93

MB Newcastle on fleabay, 20 ltrs, £53.97, free p&p

100% stress free i used these for 3 years now for most parts and defo oil :thumb:

What's wrong with Mercedes Benz Edinburgh?

Am I missing something here? £35 for ten litres, delivered.

There can't be anything wrong with the seller, it's MB Edinburgh, with a 6,000 feedback level and 99.9% feedback level.

If this a question about the specification of the oil then well and good, but the vendor seems impeccable.

Last edited:
Is there an expiry date for engine oil? If yes, how much longer can you hold it in a container?

It'll last for years. I usually have 2 years supply on the shelf and wouldn't worry up to 5 years old. Some "oil experts" say it will be fine for a lot longer. A precaution before using old oil is to give the container a good shake in case any of the additives have settled out.

How do most MB dealers react if you provide your own oil for a service?

How do most MB dealers react if you provide your own oil for a service?

I've done it for years, and during that time I've used three different dealers, from two different dealer groups, and they've always been OK with it.

Others said they would do it too when calling around for pricing. That said the cost benefit of providing your own oil varies by dealership, so worth phoning around. In fact the actual service price can vary dramatically too!

Can't believe anyone would use a dealer to do something as simple as an oil change, do it yourself and save a packet, it's not rocket science.

Can't believe anyone would use a dealer to do something as simple as an oil change, do it yourself and save a packet, it's not rocket science.

If your packet is huge enough why waste time doing it yourself when you can earn a bigger packet in that time, or enjoy your free time doing better things?

I'm the other way, I cannot understand why anyone would want to climb under a car drain the oil, dispose of the old etc.

Horses for courses I guess.

Now cleaning my car I do enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no need to climb under the car with a vacuum extractor or an electric suction pump. The oil filter is a brilliant design that is easy to remove and makes no mess. I could do it in a suit and not get dirty. Old oil disposal waits until I make the next visit to the local recycling centre.

Changing my own oil is much quicker and less stressful than driving to the dealer and sitting around waiting for an hour

oil

Hi, The low saps oil on ebay is cheaper than normal grade oil at £35 for 10 litres,is this suitable for my non dpf E280cdi....thanks

The A/B service schedules include additional checks, not everyone knows how to do these.

If you can, that's fine, but if not, then just changing the oil and filter once a year and waiting for bits to fall off the car as proof that they needed attention isn't a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom