Error Free LED Sidelights or Number Plate Bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Has anyone ever found some LEDs for sidelights and number plates that don't throw out the annoying error on dash..

The Halfords ones worked in my cousins SLK, but after much wasted time even their 'canbus' options don't work in the CLK. They won't even switch on! (Tried both ways)

Does anyone know of any that work..

Looking for Sidelights as they look stupid being yellow against the xenon dipped beams and Numberplate leds

Cheers

P.S Killerhertz no longer sells them :)

Just get the ice white sidelights, doesn't have to be LED as it blends with the xenons anyway, as for the rears I've had an error free set on for years now. Purchased from Amazon however since and when I see people ask, I haven't found them for sale again anywhere. They're made by Acqio or something sounding similar. £30 so a little more than usual, but they're the bees knees

Just get the ice white sidelights, doesn't have to be LED as it blends with the xenons anyway, as for the rears I've had an error free set on for years now. Purchased from Amazon however since and when I see people ask, I haven't found them for sale again anywhere. They're made by Acqio or something sounding similar. £30 so a little more than usual, but they're the bees knees

Any idea which bulbs are used for Sidelights?

IMG_0235.jpg

Stupid question but are side lights same as standing lamps?

I suspect they are H6W and if so, I have just bought THESE for my W210 and give no errors. The light is white and I am pleased with them. Cannot guarantee they will be error free for your W209 but I don't see why not.

I suspect they are H6W and if so, I have just bought THESE for my W210 and give no errors. The light is white and I am pleased with them. Cannot guarantee they will be error free for your W209 but I don't see why not.

Yep the website ash linked says it's H6.

Has your W210 got Canbus? If so then I don't see how it would show an error on mine and not on yours

Update:

ECP list my side lights as w5w wedge

So I believe these:
IMG_0236.jpg

Should deliver white light.. without risk of error?

clk320x said:
Update: ECP list my side lights as w5w wedge So I believe these: Should deliver white light.. without risk of error?

That's what I have sorry the 501, no error codes as they're just normal lights :thumb:

Mine aren't pure white, I may try these as the ones I got weren't Phillips I think they were Osram. They're ever so slightly blue, more blue than I wanted but with the nighbreakers next to them they look awesome. Would prefer a whiter light though. Post up some pics when fitted :)

That's what I have sorry the 501, no error codes as they're just normal lights :thumb:

Mine aren't pure white, I may try these as the ones I got weren't Phillips I think they were Osram. They're ever so slightly blue, more blue than I wanted but with the nighbreakers next to them they look awesome. Would prefer a whiter light though. Post up some pics when fitted :)

Cool will do..

BTW did you get the C63 in the end?

I've got the Osram bulbs in mine, but pretty-much the same thing. - "White" light to match the xenon more closely, but incandescent bulb so no error messages.

It's the length that's the issue too, a lot of led wedges are too long to fit in the housings.

clk320x said:
Cool will do.. BTW did you get the C63 in the end?

Last year I took a different financial route (ploughed my money into other things :D) so I'm at the midway point of saving up. They're getting cheaper too so hopefully be in a 13/14 plate when the time comes :thumb:

Beware LED's with sharp edges - especially when you need to remove them (e.g. because you've installed them the wrong way round!), the edges can catch and pull the LED out of the holder, dropping the LED inside the headlight housing - probably irretrievably. Especially a problem with side/parking W5W wedge fits.

Ask me how I know!!

Haha..

cheers lads will order some leds..

although I need to get the Xenon Dipped beams to start working all the time before I bother with the sidelights lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom