error mesage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cliveroper

Car
mercedes cl500
Whenever I start my cl500 I get a fault for rear left indicator. Turn sinal flashes quicker. On checking outside all working. Bulbs all look fine too. Any ideas. Annoying as when driving error stays on so other information cannot be used

Bit of a punt this but there used to be an issue with E36 BMWs whereby the brake lights would be stated as failed, when in fact they were working.

However, when you looked up at the bulb close, you could see soot in there and it probably wasn't far off dying.

New bulb resolved...

Assuming you have a regular bulb for your indicators - you could try swapping them round to see if the problem transfers to the other side?

If so, then replace.

The check system looks a t current draw, as bulbs age this changes and can trigger the error, change both bulbs for new ones and hopefully it will go away. My Saab would often do this.

Tried new bulbs. No change. When car left it shows no malfunctions. As soon as I operate indicator malfunction triggers and dash blinker flashes at double speed. However from outside all operating normally.

Dodgy column indicator switch or duff relay (I'm not sure if it uses a separate relay or control module though)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom