Esp warning visit workshop.e55 w211 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ES5 4 NOW

Car
E55 amg
Not used the car for a while.went out one night in the week and when I accelerated the esp malfunction visit workshop popped up? Have searched it and people say maybe battery. Can you charge front aux battery with std 12v charger.gone into menu and car is charging at 13.7v with lights and heaters on.does the aux control the esp and brake pump?

Normally if aux small front battery is low on charge,, it will have message on display saying 'convience functions not available ' as soon as car is driving and it charges the battery ,message will again come on display 'convenience functions available again '

I had my esp light come on before but after couple of days driving with fully charged battery it went away

The AUX battery up front has nothing to do with convenience functions disabled messages.

See this thread particularly post #3

When I turn the car off it resets and esp is back.but as soon as I accelerate it comes back on and all power is lost again.the car has been standing for 6 weeks.initially it did say convenience functions disabled.i have charged the rear battery and it hasn't shown convenience functions again.but the esp happens all the time

No I didn't have power loss,,, you may need to get star diagnostic done

Maybe try disconnecting battery's for a while say half an hour then re connect maybe it will reset it self

Hi
I recently had this ESP message along with the convenience message. I ended up buying both battery's from MB thinking it was the problem. It sorted the convenience message but I still had the ESP showing. Car didn't seem to drive any different. Anyway after advice on here I got it put on Star. Turned out to be the Lateral acceleration sensor under the front pass seat...! I'd deffo get it on Star before you start buying owt like I did...! Sensor itself was £264+ vat. Good luck

^ Brake light switch and steering angle sensor are two other possibilities.

Time for Star.

Replaced aux battery and found the charger belt had come off.
All good now and back to normal.not sure if the belt off would cause the esp light to come on though?aux battery was original one from new so it has had a good innings

Thanks for the replys

When the front battery gets low too you do get the dash light up red though I seen to remember it was more brake failure type warnings as my initial reaction was bugger that's the SBC pump. Quick Google confirmed it was just another of MBs wrong warning triggers.

Mine was a dead cell so a replacement was all that was needed too.

Great stuff I'm glad your all sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom