EU Referendum

Should Britain Exit the EU?

• Leave

Votes: 105 64.0%
  • Remain

Votes: 59 36.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running a similar poll on my own forum, and the results of that are very similar (albeit slightly further towards leave) to the original poll results here.

I've certainly not seen a poll on any forum (cars|hobbies|finance) that's anywhere close to an even split, or to be honest, any that steer towards remain.

A lot of current polls of polls in the media are hovering around even, which seems a bit deliberate. :rolleyes:

It's why I haven't voted since I was 18, I don't trust any of them. Sad really, but true

The catchiest slogan will likely win the day. So far, Take Back Control would have it then, but no real evidence that control was ever lost. No evidence either that 'regaining' it will empower any one inclined to vote that way.
Combine that with queenie sticking her (ever so subtle) oar in, the red top rags voicing their opinions, and it will be little short of miraculous if the remain camp win. Democracy, control...joke!

Majority of people I have spoken to have said to leave. However, they seem to be under the illusion that the borders will close tomorrow and that the Uk Gov will grow some balls and do as it pleases. They also think the 300-odd million pounds paid to the EU every week will benefit them immediately.

Slightly O/T, but when will this vote come around again? I believe the last one was in 2002?

Majority of people I have spoken to have said to leave. However, they seem to be under the illusion that the borders will close tomorrow and that the Uk Gov will grow some balls and do as it pleases. They also think the 300-odd million pounds paid to the EU every week will benefit them immediately.

Slightly O/T, but when will this vote come around again? I believe the last one was in 2002?

What happened in 2002?

The 'leave' supporters are much more vocal across all media

Across the media except on the BBC (British Bremaining Corporation).

It is actually a serious point as statistics show that 50% of the public only get their news from the BBC.

From PH.

"I think there's a lot of noise around relatively unimportant issues and the waters are fully of mud being flung in all directions and really has been since the start. I don't see the route to a happy integrated planet as being 'owned' by large anachronistic organisations where people feel disconnected. Greece, Ireland and others are only small places but look how this organisation reacted to their "mistakes", people are happy to rally around and help refugees for the most part (and rightly so) but who rallied around to help the peoples of those countries? Nobody, people were made jobless and countries were plunged into huge debt to punish the few people who were really responsible, people who really don't have a nationality, rich, important people and organisations just move leaving the farmers and everyday people to pick up the cost. I'm not saying the same hasn't happened within the UK in regards to the banks etc but this is an organisation of ever more disparate peoples.

In short, it's not about jobs, the economy, Turkey or pretty much every other issue people are talking about, to me it's the long term plan many many years down the line and how we as a species integrates and unifies. Of course that's far too vague to be debated so here we are worrying that we might be voting in the local racist who happens to (in a choice of two options) agree with our vote. Well I like steak and I'll still order the steak if the slobbering retard next to me also orders it."

Last edited:
I'm definitely vote leave, i'd say about 90% of the people I've spoke to are vote leave but i really think this election will be rigged/fixed ! and we will remain in Europe.
Also alot of people unfortunately are more interested in the England Football team at the moment ..... Priorities :doh:

From PH.

to me it's the long term plan many many years down the line

Singularly lacking from the leave campaign...

and how we as a species integrates and unifies.

Hard pressed to think of another organisation that has done more to integrate and unify than the EU. If integration is important to us we would do well to stop and question what impact leaving the EU will have on the long awaited and finally realised peace in Northern Ireland.

Of course that's far to vague to be debated so here we are worrying that we might be voting in the local racist who happens to (in a choice of two options) agree with our vote. Well I like steak and I'll still order the steak if the slobbering retard next to me also orders it.

Taking a £600k donation from a former BNP member. Are we not judged by the company we keep?

I believe the last one was in 2002?

What happened in 2002?

Friend of mine mentioned it the other day, i was thinking I don't remember anything happening either :dk:

Maybe this?
confused.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Referendum_Campaign

So just before everyone races out to vote tomorrow......

If you vote remain, then the economy will not suffer. (So thats a good thing)

If you vote leave, then the EU will have a large scale reform, will change the EU as it currently is and become something like the European Community of Independant states. And will in effect, remain as it is with some differing rules and a few changes but we will have left the EU and joined the ECIS (Along with a number of other states)
Oh, and our economy will not suffer (So that's a good thing).

My only hope is, whichever way the vote goes, the people who voted different will be able to accept the result and not get over dramatic and dimwitted about the majority voting different.

You are entitled to have your views. You are not entitled to force them down the throat of those who think and those who think different.

(Apologies to IBM and Apple. - and curses to Microsoft:wallbash:)

I'm definitely vote leave, i'd say about 90% of the people I've spoke to are vote leave but i really think this election will be rigged/fixed ! and we will remain in Europe.
Also alot of people unfortunately are more interested in the England Football team at the moment ..... Priorities :doh:

Sadly I saw a car today with its Chav flags sticking up from the windows :(

What I am struggling to understand is that those politicians that want to stay so vehemently are in, a rather backhanded way, showing that they're of no use to the UK; why would we need them if the EU was ever so mighty?

Why don't we simply do away with parliament and wait for edicts to be cascaded down from Berlin err I meant Brussels?

Singularly lacking from the leave campaign...

And the Remain camp's long term plan? Sit back and let the Belgians (e.g.) dictate what we do in life?
Immigration doesn't bother me one jot. I get hot and bothered being told what to do with every facet of my life. Butt out Brussels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom