Eurocharged C32 Supercharger Pulley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil Mackay

Car
C32 AMG Estate
Thought id give you all the lowdown on my experience with Eurocharged and their smaller pulley for the supercharger upgrade. So here goes...! After deciding that's the way i wanted to go i got onto Jerry at EC to find out more and after the conversation i ordered the pulley, cable and remote map. Expecting it to take weeks to arive from the states it turned up in four days...pretty impressive. Opening the box showed me i had the cable and pulley but no install instructions so a quick YouTube search gave me enough to work it out. Took me about forty minutes but my tools are pretty thin on the ground! After cursing for a bit the pulley was on and i took it for a spin! Straight away i could feel an increase, not huge but an increase. I then contacted EC and Jerry remotely mapped the car via my internet connection through my laptop and the supplied cable. This took about twenty minutes and on completion i took it for another spin......huge difference...power delivery is very smooth and very linear until you realise how quick you are going! So for the dyno figures...on a very harsh dyno dynamics.....before 326hp at the fly and 270hp at the wheels to after...375hp at the fly and 312hp at the wheels plus a 50lbft increase throughout the range!! Bang on their claimed increases! The dyno operator said the 5 speed autos are crap on the dyno as they don't lock too well...."that's a 400hp car on the road" were his words....all in all very good upgrade and EC are very easy to deal with!

Would i recommend it.....too right i would!

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the end results.....and the cost for 50odd hp....incl import tax....was £630.....it cost me about £1500 to get that amount of hp out of my old megane 225 turbo..!!

Jerry and Adam are very good to deal with.

SC pulley is on my list of things to add at some point!

I have been very impressed with them! I think my next enhancement will be the sl55amg air intake and y pipe...

Alps do you have the crank pulley already fitted?

Hi Starky, nope, just a EC Tune, As its used by the Mrs as well the current power its pushing is more than enough. Theres been a few crack pulley failures and also fuelling issues, so ive held back.

Hi Starky, nope, just a EC Tune, As its used by the Mrs as well the current power its pushing is more than enough. Theres been a few crack pulley failures and also fuelling issues, so ive held back.

I felt the charger pulley was the safer option too! The guy who dynoed it said the fueling was perfect and its a happy amg!

Sounds good Neil, EC have good support so all good there, you could go for a "Live " tune which is a dyno tune with EC online so they tune as per dyno results whilst your being dyno`d, but thats a bit more as you have to pay for dyno time and EC time. This would get you the optimum result

Sounds good Neil, EC have good support so all good there, you could go for a "Live " tune which is a dyno tune with EC online so they tune as per dyno results whilst your being dyno`d, but thats a bit more as you have to pay for dyno time and EC time. This would get you the optimum result

That's interesting, i didn't know that was a option. Something to consider.

Great stuff . Now my project car is waiting to be sold i may invest in this mod .
Does it give s/c a bit more of a voice as i like the s/v whine , just dont really hear hear it on a stock car ?

Great stuff . Now my project car is waiting to be sold i may invest in this mod .
Does it give s/c a bit more of a voice as i like the s/v whine , just dont really hear hear it on a stock car ?

There's not a great deal of difference with the noise of the supercharger unless you don't kickdown so its spooling from lower rpms (so if your in D and it doesn't change down)

Remove any under bonnet felt and any plastic guards that may be near the vents. I took mine out about a month ago and the whine can clearly ne heard. In addition you can see the heat waves far more which can only be good for a supercharged engine.

Remove any under bonnet felt and any plastic guards that may be near the vents. I took mine out about a month ago and the whine can clearly ne heard. In addition you can see the heat waves far more which can only be good for a supercharged engine.

When you say plastic guards Paul do you mean the ones covering the pulley?

well worth the cash eh Neil :D

My mpg took a hammering after I had a pulley and tune from Jerry, out of interest what mpg do you get now at 70mph with the cruise on?

well worth the cash eh Neil :D

My mpg took a hammering after I had a pulley and tune from Jerry, out of interest what mpg do you get now at 70mph with the cruise on?

I'm off to the in laws tomorrow on a longish journey so ill try and keep her steady and let you know what the result is! I used to get 30mpg on the same run at a steady 60mph.....

the only thing that needs supercharging in our house, according to "she who must be obeyed", is me. I've been told not to bother however, as it would be 40 years too late.

the only thing that needs supercharging in our house, according to "she who must be obeyed", is me. I've been told not to bother however, as it would be 40 years too late.

I know the feeling Joe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom