Europe v usa regulatory costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
AR-307139939.jpg&MaxW=622&cci_ts=20160714075043

Interesting article on how regulatory differences between Europe and the USA means huge costs for car manufacturers.
http://europe.autonews.com/article/...sails-costs-of-overlapping-u-s-eu-regulations
specifically

http://europe.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA106125713.PDF

page 18 onwards

Lets hope they make some progress in harmonisation but the incentives seem weaker on the US side and current differences could be seen as protectionism.

At least we manage to agree on the US DOT standards for brake fluid.

We can't even agree if it's CENTER or CENTRE.....

.... it's CENTRE by the way

We can't even agree if it's CENTER or CENTRE.....

.... it's CENTRE by the way

That's the difference between English and US English. We call it an accelerator pedal and they call it a gas pedal. We say 'pretty', and they say 'purdy'.

English is English wherever you are in the world. We don't have Australian English or Canadian English. We have variations and regional dialects of English. Only the Americans could create a unique language called US English.

I am surprised that they haven't protected US English under their Intellectual Property laws, even though they have protected just about everything else, including gene sequences.

One thing US spelling avoids is OLDE english. For example tire instead of tyre. As tire is a derivation of attire, meaning covering I think the US spelling actually makes more sense.

That's the difference between English and US English. We call it an accelerator pedal and they call it a gas pedal. We say 'pretty', and they say 'purdy'.

English is English wherever you are in the world. We don't have Australian English or Canadian English. We have variations and regional dialects of English. Only the Americans could create a unique language called US English.

I am surprised that they haven't protected US English under their Intellectual Property laws, even though they have protected just about everything else, including gene sequences.

They carnt speke propa england liek wot i dus.

One thing US spelling avoids is OLDE english. For example tire instead of tyre. As tire is a derivation of attire, meaning covering I think the US spelling actually makes more sense.

They even go as far as spelling centre as center, even though centre is taken straight from the french for 'in the middle of something'.

Many English words are derived from French, as well as German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch, so why change something that already works?

As for the spelling of tyre, tire means to lose energy quickly in proper English, and not something you fit to a vehicle.

:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom