EuroTunnel Carnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Has anyone bought a eurotunnel frequent traveler carnet?

At £43 to travel at any time, it sounds almost too good to be true. Has anyone had issues with availability and finding space?
M

I did look at this but minimum purchase was 10 trips (£430) an you can only travel off peak hours, I think the maximum peak supplement was around £30/car per one way. When I looked at the trips I was doing the saving was not that great so I never bothered, but if you are a very regular traveller on the face of it it looks a pretty good deal.

Although I go to France a couple of times a year and have been doing so for 30+ years there have never been any offers from Eurotunnel that have been of any advantage to me.

However, for the past I don't know how many years I've been paying for my tickets using Tesco Reward Vouchers. Their spend value is three times their face value (used to be four times until recently), so, for example, £40 worth is worth £120. For around this figure I can get my return Eurotunnel crossing with a big saving.

All you have to do is get a Tesco card to flash at the till when you pay your Tesco bill.

I've got a Tesco Bank credit card which I use as much as possible at other retail outlets, so I'm accruing points every time I spend.

Unless you're one of the Tesco-phobes it's a money saver.

Last edited:
That's a brilliant idea, I'll try that. Don't have any "loyalty" cards at the moment, but will get a tesco one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom