EV charging points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
Looking for a bit of collective wisdom. I've been tasked with getting an EV charging point installed at the office - bit of green credentials, also we have quite a number of people whose journeys to and from work might be suitable in range terms, plus we are a European HQ building so it's important to get these details right. So - done the Google thing and there appear to be dozens of firms that will put a charging point in for you. Does anyone know who the market leaders are, and any particular things to watch out for? And what sort of cost? I'm looking for something we can control, preferably with an RFID tag or something - definitely not for public use, more for our staff and visitors. Budget also not really an issue, though I don't really want to get into five figures if I can avoid it.

TIA

Does anyone know who the market leaders are, and any particular things to watch out for? And what sort of cost? I'm looking for something we can control, preferably with an RFID tag or something - definitely not for public use, more for our staff and visitors. Budget also not really an issue, though I don't really want to get into five figures if I can avoid it.

First off I suggest you google the OLEV site where you can download a (long) list of approved installers and learn about the grants that are available to commercial and private installers. You should be able to stay in four figures easily. A private applicant (me) can stay at about £300-500 for a single installation after benefiting from the £700 grant. Grant for business users go as high as £5000 I think but all these grants are reducing in the next few weeks. Don't have any idea about a Market Leader but am trying to get sense out of Phoenix without much success. EDF no longer do this work but recommend enquirers to Phoenix. Suggest you go for a local company that would be attracted by the idea of having a local business contract.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom