Ever wondered why we pay so much tax???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not wound up by those two, pity would be a better word, but the vitriolic article; one of their children has quite a severe disability and it's derided by the writer.

The irony of these 'journalists' is that they are no better than the 'scroungers' they so easily like to paint; they earn their living scrounging and picking over the bones of other people's lives and without them they wouldn't have a job.

The way the journalist went on I was expecting a 62 plate diesel to be sat on the drive not an old one with a dragon slapped on the side

It is the government though, too willing to chuck out money where (I don't think) it's clearly not needed

Newspapers are anything but scientific...

Let's assume for argument's sake that this is indeed an extreme case of abuse of our benefit system.

The question is not how extreme this is... but how common?

If this is the only case of its kind, then our benefits system works as well as can be expected and does not need any fixing....

Anecdotes are just that... anecdotal. They make good headlines but tell us very little about how good or bad the system is as a whole.

Daily mail trash (thats the article not the people)... fact is a 3yr Corsa costs more than that merc.

Typical Daily Fail trash

Anybody who runs a flame painted W124 on W210 wheels gets no sympathy from me.

Clearly more to the story and their situation but as someone who works 60+ hours a week and has been a non complaining higher rate tax payer for ten years, I do have an issue in the fact that people think they can have as many kids as they like without the ability to pay their own way. It's different if your circumstances change such as illness or redundancy, but if I work hard to support my family why can't other people. Not meaning to stir the hornets nest, Its just my view.

I wouldn't fancy bringing up nine kids on 42k a year whether it was a 'free' 42k or otherwise. Not much of a life.

The way the Mercedes is constantly referenced as a symbol of their high-rolling lifestyle is comical. It's a pile of sh*t worth less than a tank of petrol.

So in my case HMRC decided I owed them money. I argued that I did not. They threatened bailiffs etc. I am PAYE and always have been. HMRC were unable to explain their findings but did send out bailiffs. I had to then pay an accountant who found that in fact HMRC owed me £3k. ì now owed the accountant 1.5k. SO I got back £1.5k after paying the accountant. 2 years on. HMRC say I owe them money. I am still PAYE in the same job etc. Nothing has changed. They are again threatening legal, bailiffs etc. So it starts again.

I also require drugs to keep me alive now (sad but true) can I get these on the NHS? err..No. I have to justify why I should receive drugs on the NHS and why I think I should be allowed to live.

I left school at sixteen and started working and paying tax. AT 58 never having been out of work or stopped paying tax here I am with daily calls from HMRC who just bully my wife to tears and an NHS that thinks I am an overhead in their budget.

Go figure.

£42k is more than my wife and I earn between us and we have to work for it. We have a child and get nothing in handouts and our nhs is so bad here you can't even see a doctor!

What the hell is going on in this country?

£42k is more than my wife and I earn between us and we have to work for it. We have a child and get nothing in handouts and our nhs is so bad here you can't even see a doctor!

What the hell is going on in this country?

You get child benefit...not much, but you don't get nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom