Everything Keeps Moving !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisyg

Car
CLK500
When I get out of my car (CLK500-2005) my seat position, steering wheel and wing mirror position changes. This happens even if I leave the car for a couple of hours and come back, everythings changed. The mirrors point down to the rear wheels? So I get in move it all back to where is was and drive off. Its an complete wind up! Is there a way of resetting the memory seats as they seem to want to go to someone else's settings?? May be pull out a fuse or something or a function in the computer? Thanks in advance for your help.

...ghost of a previous owner!!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist...hope you get it sorted, if not don't watch Stephen kings Christene... Happy xmas

Great now I've got a haunted car!

A guy in the pub said that you go into the computer and turn off the comfort settings and that stops the seats moving to other settings. However he was a bit drunk and wasn't really making that much sense. He definately does own a clk270 cdi so he might be on to something!

Its a 'extra' - "Poltergeist Feature".....

I have the 2005 CLK500 and the key memory activates all sorts of motorised weirdness. I only discovered this when I picked up the spare key one day. As a 6'6" bloke, finding the seats moving to a far smaller person's settings was an alarming experience.......(!)

There are pages about programming keys in the manual if you have one. I can dig mine out & scan the sections if you need .....

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I thought you just pressed the memory (M) button whilst holding a setting number (1) for a couple of seconds for the new settings to be activated. On my W211 you can enter the settings on the dash and turn off the comfort settings as the drunk correctly pointed out

Used to put the seat forwards and up as tight as possible to the steering wheel and set it on memory 1

Then watch the fun start as our fellow workers got into to move them to the workshops.

Does anyone know where the fuse for the motors on the drivers seat is? I'm going to set the seat in my position and remove it. Does the fuse also work the heated seat? If it does then its a luxury I can do without. Your help is always appreciated.

What sort of reply is look at post 4? The kind chap was offering to scan the key programming pages for me (which I hopefully wont have to trouble him for). Im pretty sure got a fault, whilst driving on fairly fast stretch of road my drivers seat just decided start adjusting its self! After being in the car for 30mins of driving! I don't think it's a programming issue I think it's an electrical gremlin, through further investigation it's not uncommon on the w209 models. So what I was asking is there a fuse that I can just remove that will totally stop the seat from moving? Unfortunately I don't have a full owners manual for the car other wise I would just look in that.

P.S the £7500 paid for the car was earned, I did actually want one and most of the people I know aren't really that impressed by a 9 year old CLK with a broken seat!

Last edited:
Its the kind or reply that was intended to draw your attention to that post. I thought you had missed it as you had not taken the time to thank him for his kind offer.
At what point did I express an interest in how much you paid for your car, or how you came to have the funds to pay for it?.
Your post started " when I get out of my car" no mention of a self adjusting seat when mobile.
I wish you a Merry Christmas, and hope you manage to sort out any problems you may have, with your car, or your lack of manners.

Anyone who contributes to any thread I start is clearly thanked in advance for any help or constructive comments made. Trying to stay on topic, just dropped my mrs off at work and it's done it again. Having a look under the seat there is a selection of jack plugs like the sort of thing you plug in to an internet router, I'm going to pull them out and see how we go. Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

P.S the £7500 paid for the car was earned, I did actually want one and most of the people I know aren't really that impressed by a 9 year old CLK with a broken seat!

At what point did I express an interest in how much you paid for your car, or how you came to have the funds to pay for it?.

I wish you a Merry Christmas, and hope you manage to sort out any problems you may have, with your car, or your lack of manners.

Look at your own sig.........................WOODYTHEWISE

That's what hes referring to by the look of it.

"Too many people spent money they have not earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like."

Last edited:
The individual seat motors are all separately fused , on the 208 they are in the boot near the battery . There is a fuse diagram on the inside if the box . I wonder if the 209 is the same ?

The main fuse is in the box under the bonnet though

I realise this is a real problem but my reaction on seeing the headline was..."take more water with it",eventually I learned to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom