Evolution AMG Sport Pack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tomoney

Car
Alfa Romeo 159
Hi all

On the C class is the Evolution AMG Sport Pack the same as the AMG Handling Package? I have noticed its decription on a few used MBs and googling has only brought up other used ones

I cant comment on the former - have not come across that - but the AMG Handling Package was introduced with the "Sport Plus" model changes around July 2012. It is only available on the C250 (diesel or petrol).

It has specific suspension tuning with firmer springs and dampers as well as unique camber settings and altered bearings to provide a wider front track, larger brakes and more direct steering. These are combined with a remapped throttle setting and changes to the software for the standard seven-speed automatic gearbox for more rapid shifts and a downshift function during braking.

There are also a couple of styling changes:

Black exterior mirrors
Black lamella grille with chrome highlights
Different piping on the floor mats

Hope that helps

Its as much info as I have got. I saw on this forum that many were ordering with the pack but have not seen any used ones for sale with black mirrors. Maybe they have all been kept and/or I am missing them

Its as much info as I have got. I saw on this forum that many were ordering with the pack but have not seen any used ones for sale with black mirrors. Maybe they have all been kept and/or I am missing them

Dont give up. The black mirrors are a very good giveaway sign, but then so many people have ordered black cars, that does not help too much!

A lot of people failed to order the pack in the early months of the model changes and then later wished they had. At £530 it was / still is an absolute bargain among the options list!

At £530 it was / still is an absolute bargain among the options list!

That was my thinking, a low cost remap is about £400 so to have a proper job by MB plus the other improvements is a real bargain. My dealer said he can get a car transported to me so distance is not really a problem and the reason i am buying second handed is I cannot afford a new one as i will tick most the boxes on optional extras!!!!

That was my thinking, a low cost remap is about £400 so to have a proper job by MB plus the other improvements is a real bargain. My dealer said he can get a car transported to me so distance is not really a problem and the reason i am buying second handed is I cannot afford a new one as i will tick most the boxes on optional extras!!!!

It was the first option ticked on mine!

just checked and its now £500 - no brainer.

My search continues. Either people didn't tick his box or if they did, they are keeping hold of their car the selfish people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom