Ex-hurricane Ophelia...batten down the hatches.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
They're expecting a bad one.

Every school and 3rd level education institute in the whole of Ireland is closed today.

We have an amber warning the republic a red warning...both extremely rare events.

Good luck everyone...see you on the other side.

Quite worrying for us as daughter and 4 month old granddaughter are supposed to be driving from Kilkenny to Dublin today then flying out of Dublin tomorrow. Fingers crossed they stay safe!

Quite worrying for us as daughter and 4 month old granddaughter are supposed to be driving from Kilkenny to Dublin today then flying out of Dublin tomorrow. Fingers crossed they stay safe!

Stay safe by ringing them and telling them NOT to get on that road...it will be bad down there.

We're closing all of our business premises (10 in total) at noon.

Expected to be a bit breezy here also but nothing like you'll see...

Keep safe Ciaran.

I'd no sooner posted than we had a phone call from dear daughter - from the car en route to Dublin, no rain but rather windy, she was a bit annoyed that the wind meant she could not go any faster than 120kph!!! Haven't heard since, but by now she should be at our niece's home - and as niece has recently moved, we have no address or phone number.

She had a funny at Dublin airport arriving yesterday - and was thankful Dad had flagged a potential problem. Silly girl has not changed her passport to her married name (only been married 3 years!!) and passport control Dublin flagged the different surnames on her and granddaughters passports. Luckily she'd listened to Dad and had her marriage cert, granddaughters birth cert and a signed letter from her husband, so was allowed into Ireland. Wonder what the Spanish will be like when she flies to Malaga tomorrow.

A red hue to the daylight in Cheshire all morning. Moderate winds up to now.

Odd - we here just commenting on the hue of the light here in central Scotland.

Met Office say we should have quite strong winds gusting already. Instead it's eerily calm. Almost no movement in the leaves on the trees. The pressure maps indicate we should have winds as forecast.

Who'd want to be a weather forecaster?

Strange colour light here also, deep almost blood orange sun!

Must be lots of Saharan dust being dragged up with Ophelia

We've got a strange orange light here too.

Very ethereal.

It was almost like an eclipse was about to happen a few hours ago,really black, now the sun is out, blue sky and stronger winds.

That's the south coast covered.;)

A couple of video clips.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We had a really weird light here early on, was still dark in the woods at 8am and very still, no bird sound other than the gulls kicking off which is a sure sign that there are storms at sea.

It became very sunny and bright but the wind has picked up greatly, surf is up and I can see loads of guys in at our local break, I'm thinking that this will go down as one of those treasured swells so will go down with the dog in the morning for a look. Should be massive and if the wind has died down potential for epic conditions.

Blowing quite well here at the moment, with sunny blue sky too. Sun was red this morning as already mentioned.

Just a reminder:

Hang onto your car doors when opening them today, a gust could pull it open and damage your own or a car parked next to you.

The wind speed is cranking up in Cheshire.
I've no way of putting a MPH figure on it but I was out in supposed 40-50mph winds a month or so back and I'd say the gusts we have at the moment are greater than that.

I'm in Cheshire and we had one almighty gust that blew the garden furniture all over the lawn. I'd put things away this morning then put them out again thinking the worst was over.

Coming home from work on the motorbike was interesting. I kept looking up at the swaying trees (you feel closer to nature on a bike) wondering if any were going to fall over.

Just hitting us now. Worst is due about three in the morning but dying down all the time. Still nothing like Ireland got earlier.

Just hitting us now. Worst is due about three in the morning but dying down all the time. Still nothing like Ireland got earlier.

Stay safe Druk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom