Exhaust system upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suky Sangha

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Hello gents, just wondering what exhaust upgrades are available for my cls 55 AMG ??? I've heard something about x pipes ??? Any idea what these do or who supplies and fits these items???? I appreciate your help guys. The sound of my car is nice but I would like it to be a little louder !

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Suky

We can do a x - pipe on your car, it will be a custom system on your car.
The bottom 2 cats and resonator will be removed. This will give you some extra power and will sound a little louder. With the Pulley and map you will see around 550bhp +

Let me know

Acid
www.mslperformance.co.uk

ACID@MSL said:
Suky

We can do a x - pipe on your car, it will be a custom system on your car.
The bottom 2 cats and resonator will be removed. This will give you some extra power and will sound a little louder. With the Pulley and map you will see around 550bhp +

Let me know

Acid
www.mslperformance.co.uk

Hello and thank you for a quick response! Can all this work be done in a day trip and how much would it cost. Also is there any danger of blowing my engine?

I've changed the headers on mine and removed the front cats (all done at ACID's place, MSL)

The sounds I have now is perfect for me, I still have the resonator and secondary cats.

You are more than welcome to listen to it (once I get it fixed)

Best bet is to do a search, I think you may get the info you are after in a thread a bit further down.

My CLS has had secondary cats removed and replaced directly with an X Pipe, plus I had my resonator removed and replaced with straight through pipes.

It sounds louder and has a deeper rumble to it, but only when pressing on the gas.

I bought my X Pipe in advance of the mods then had a local exhaust fabricator fit it along with the straight through pipes. It is not a difficult job from a fitment perspective, but will be a little time consuming if having an X Pipe made up.

MSL can have you a system made up via TorqueFlow and there is another place that is highly recommended St Albans way but I can't remember their name.

The other option is to join the Eurocharged Day on July 20th and have a system fited there along with a remap and any other goodies??

Jules.

I've changed the headers on mine and removed the front cats (all done at ACID's place, MSL)

The sounds I have now is perfect for me, I still have the resonator and secondary cats.

You are more than welcome to listen to it (once I get it fixed)

Don how do you get around the 02 sensors? Or are these fitted after primary cats?

Tony.

Whoops, that'll teach me to start a reply and then not send it for half an hour, looks like the Guys have given you the answers and good advice you need.

I heard a Torque Flow system at MSL a couple of weeks ago and it sounded sublime...

Jules

Don how do you get around the 02 sensors? Or are these fitted after primary cats?

Tony.

There are pre and post cat O2 sensors, post cat O2 sensors are disabled as otherwise they flag up check engine light.

Car is running fine and I'm promised that there would be no problem with MOT's :dk:

Hello and thank you for a quick response! Can all this work be done in a day trip and how much would it cost. Also is there any danger of blowing my engine?

Hi

Yes it can be done in 1 day :)

We can also do the mapping and pulley in the same day.

acid

Cyclone1 said:
Best bet is to do a search, I think you may get the info you are after in a thread a bit further down.

My CLS has had secondary cats removed and replaced directly with an X Pipe, plus I had my resonator removed and replaced with straight through pipes.

It sounds louder and has a deeper rumble to it, but only when pressing on the gas.

I bought my X Pipe in advance of the mods then had a local exhaust fabricator fit it along with the straight through pipes. It is not a difficult job from a fitment perspective, but will be a little time consuming if having an X Pipe made up.

MSL can have you a system made up via TorqueFlow and there is another place that is highly recommended St Albans way but I can't remember their name.

The other option is to join the Eurocharged Day on July 20th and have a system fited there along with a remap and any other goodies??

Jules.

Thank you Jules and everyone else today to replying back with some very knowledgable informative data. The problem I have now is saving the cash and hurrying up with the mods!!! On another note when the x pipes are installed are there any lights coming up on the dash ??

Thank you Jules and everyone else today to replying back with some very knowledgable informative data. The problem I have now is saving the cash and hurrying up with the mods!!! On another note when the x pipes are installed are there any lights coming up on the dash ??

No problem and no lights on the dash, all the X pipe is doing is inceasing exhaust gas flow and aiding the balancing effect of the two banks. In turn this alters the acoustics, both in sound depth and loudness. A great modification to do as it makes an already good sounding exhaust note even better.

Jules.

Cyclone1 said:
No problem and no lights on the dash, all the X pipe is doing is inceasing exhaust gas flow and aiding the balancing effect of the two banks. In turn this alters the acoustics, both in sound depth and loudness. A great modification to do as it makes an already good sounding exhaust note even better.

Jules.

Thanks Jules....this will most probably be the first thing I do on the ever so long to do list!!!!! Can't wait

Jules.

Where did you buy the x pipe from?
Thanks

Hi, I bought it from Savman. He had it made as part of his original upgraded exhaust system, but when his other upgrades took his power way past 600bhp and 700lb/ft then he went for an even bigger bore exhaust.

What I like about this X pipe is that it is dimensionally the same bore as the existing system and retains it's shape as much as possible through the X without being squashed. I've seen many "squashed" and smaller bore X pipes, which to be honest will nullify any potential gains versus the standard set up.

Whilst at the Eurocharged Day at MSL the Torque Flow guys made up two systems for customers. Both looked spot on and on test sounded awesome.

Jules.

Hi, I bought it from Savman. He had it made as part of his original upgraded exhaust system, but when his other upgrades took his power way past 600bhp and 700lb/ft then he went for an even bigger bore exhaust.

What I like about this X pipe is that it is dimensionally the same bore as the existing system and retains it's shape as much as possible through the X without being squashed. I've seen many "squashed" and smaller bore X pipes, which to be honest will nullify any potential gains versus the standard set up.

Whilst at the Eurocharged Day at MSL the Torque Flow guys made up two systems for customers. Both looked spot on and on test sounded awesome.

Jules.

Thanks Jules for the info. Am I right in saying Torque Flow could make me one up or is this something Savman also does? I am based up in the North East so travelling so far down the country wouldn't really be an option.

Abid

Torqueflow would make you one up but ideally would need the car there to do it and make it fit properly. Best bet is to contact them and find out. If you do a search for Acid of MSL Performance on here he will help you as Torqueflow are based at his place.

Savman is a member / moderator on here who had a system made up, when he upgraded further he sold his exhaust in sections, hence me buying the X pipe part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom