Exhaust Tip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hi,
I have got Autosol, and I’ve been told this should be applied with wire wool? What type should I order?
Regards,
Abs

Basically the finest you can get. It can also work with a rag (Microfibre cloth) if you're patient, though wire wool makes it easier. :) Anything coarser may leave scratch marks.

If this is the clean a chrome/stainless steel exhaust end, i would just use a cloth, tee cut or autosol.
Unless, its rusty, then its not stainless steel, and if the chrome has pitted/rusted, no amount of elbow grease will get it back.
Even wire wool could slightly mark the finish.

Thanks chaps excellent advice as always

Did a basic wash today using the pressure washer down at Tesco Just sprayed it clean nicely using the shampoo function and then rinsed (non-contact)

Got home and dried off and quick spray application of SONAX quick detailer and glasses cleaned with glass cleaner

Looking good :cool:

Tomorrow interior vacuum/clean, and perhaps even do the outside again :) with the mitt and Megs Gold in preparation for the new wheel on Saturday hehe :)

Will try cleaning up the exhaust with a microfibre.... if it doesn’t clean up... time for a new one :D

Another question :)

Can you polish glass? There’s a lot of small scratches on my windscreen. Could these be polished out?

Its possible, but i would have someone like autoglass do it, as if you go too hard, the heat can melt the plastic between the glass, causing a new screen required.
There are kits, but i would really leave it to someone who knows what they are doing

Ive always used Brasso, comes up a treat with added Elbow Grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom