extended warranties general opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldson

Car
FOCUS (to be rectified)
i have just been quoted £780 for a 1 year tier 1 extended warranty on my 4yo
e350 estate w212.
already paying out £37/mth for service contract.
have tried shopping around for another warranty but struggling to find a deal.
tempted to chance not bothering.
any advice would be welcomed?
thanks

You tried warranty direct? When I was in the trade they were brilliant to deal with and never refused a claim

I prefer to set money aside just in case rather than taking out a warranty.

You tried warranty direct? When I was in the trade they were brilliant to deal with and never refused a claim

Pish they did mine and s few other I know of!!! Avoid them and Warranty wise. I always extend with the manufacturer or stick cash aside for a rainy day.

Pish they did mine and s few other I know of!!! Avoid them and Warranty wise. I always extend with the manufacturer or stick cash aside for a rainy day.

It's all how the garage deals with them never had one rejected including airmaric ABC etc.

I agree though I don't believe in warranties the money I have put aside has paid for more than one holiday when I've never used it.

It's all how the garage deals with them...

That's definitely vital - they do try and trick garages into saying the fault was caused by something else, especially corrorsion (if appropriate).

That said, Warranty Direct approved both claims made by the MB dealer I used, including replacing both lower front arms which surprised the dealer as they said MB would insist on pressing out and replacing the bushes.

I think they recently changed hands and the original founder has left, so things may have changed, but it used to be the case that if you applied for a quote online they would call you a day or two later and do almost anything to get you to sign up. I got the excess zero'd, the waiting period done away with and betterment charge eliminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom