Fancy a '80's S class Under 60,000 miles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why are they always poverty spec? A retirement purchase I guess, but more often than not they never seem to have anything ticked from the options box. Love the becker Europa.

Says it has aircon but I am not convinced from the pictures. Back in the 80s the options were all serious money.

Says it has aircon but I am not convinced from the pictures. Back in the 80s the options were all serious money.

Seems a very nice car at the current price with no immediate bodywork issues. Definitely no aircon though without the "snowflake" button on the console.

It is just a 300SE and most are fairly basic, but the options that jump out at me are sunroof, rear head rests & headlamp wash/wipe.

Lovely....that's one in my bucket list to own.

I'm currently looking for a classic car as an investment, but a useable one.

The W126s are heading up in price and good 126s are like hen's teeth now. Many are now being imported. I'm looking for something with aircon and sunroof and these are commanding a price now, whereas the poverty spec ones will eventually catch up, I suppose.

Thinking of perhaps selling my W215 CL600 (it's far too tempting to drive it TOO fast) and getting a W140 coupe or an older SEC. Maybe a phase - we'll see.

Jag XJ12s look a good bet, too, or Daimler Double Six. Several available at the moment, but they get snapped up quickly.

Stuart

I'm currently looking for a classic car as an investment, but a useable one.

The W126s are heading up in price and good 126s are like hen's teeth now. Many are now being imported. I'm looking for something with aircon and sunroof and these are commanding a price now, whereas the poverty spec ones will eventually catch up, I suppose.

Thinking of perhaps selling my W215 CL600 (it's far too tempting to drive it TOO fast) and getting a W140 coupe or an older SEC. Maybe a phase - we'll see.

Jag XJ12s look a good bet, too, or Daimler Double Six. Several available at the moment, but they get snapped up quickly.

Stuart

Very few classics are investments in the sense of making a real profit. All of the cars that you list will cost far more to tax, insure, MOT, service and repair over the coming years than any increase in their market value.

However, all will be great cars to own and drive so if you see them as a pleasure rather than something to invest money in then you should hopefully enjoy the experience.

Very few classics are investments in the sense of making a real profit. All of the cars that you list will cost far more to tax, insure, MOT, service and repair over the coming years than any increase in their market value.

However, all will be great cars to own and drive so if you see them as a pleasure rather than something to invest money in then you should hopefully enjoy the experience.

Thanks, Scott,

I'm currently making around .5% on an ISA so am looking to improve on that. Anything I buy will be used as part of a 4 car garage, so regular but careful use will be enjoyed in the hope that, after a few years, it'll be worth more than .5% p.a. sat in the bank.

I realise there are better and more productive returns on things like e.g. a Golf Gti Mk 1 or 2 but I want something I can use and enjoy, as you rightly say.

Stuart

^^You need to change your ISA provider !

What's the best you can get, these days?

I have trouble opening a new UK account due to being French resident - opened one last year with the Halifax but the b*ggers have now cut the 2% to less than .5%

70s and 80s Mercs have been appreciating by an average of 9% over each of the past 5 years - that's a 50% increase. I can't get that in a bank account.

I agree the choice of car needs to be right, though.

S.

The seller should ask for the £10.50 back he was charged on the invoice for "diesel fuel addative"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom