Fancy A Merc Again With A 6.3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Hello from the otherside - after joining in 2007 when I got a CLS55 I have since had a SL55 and a E500 convertible but now as the bitter reality of 7 year old twins at 53 slams home financially I was forced to cut down.
One last hurrah was a new Mustang convertible last year but it was no Merc (interior was shocking but it was cheap)
So we already had a Leaf and a Zoe for running around I needed a tip car and a family run out for over 40 miles (return) so I went and bought a XC70 with family pack of table and kids seats cos thats what you do innit ? 2005 £5500 great condition. Except the gearbox valve chest went in days ! dealer paid £750 towards the £900 bill inc a few other bits and it was great again but god it was so boring and uneventful I couldnt keep it and sold quickly for £5000 using the Mustang as our emergency petrol car. I sold the Mustang in September after 5.5 months of the summer and got my money back (as it had risen 4 times since I ordered it) and my local indie dealer had Outback a car I know nothing about and had no clue except it ticked every box for £3500 60k miles and great condition - so this is a flat 6 n/a auto with pan roof, hot leather, nav, elec seats and of course proper full time 4wd.

I drove it and a knocky droppy aside it was fantastic, the flat 6 has poor torque but is similar to a vtec in that lots happen after 4k revs and its not slow with 245 BHP (probably a few escaped over the 10 years) - downside are 19mpg city and £500 tax but for £3500 its great.

Fast forward to today the Zoe has gone (lease) the leaf has 2 months left (PCP) and my Mrs loved the Zoe but needs longer range and the new Zoe is ££££££ so were looking to lease or pcp a Captur as she likes the Renault controls and layout.

I have the Subaru and I dont think I will sell it as Ive stumbled on a great car by accident however for my new role as a ecommerce guru (!) I feel I need a more prestigious car and I am conscious we dont have a rag top in the house (we always have a convertible).

So one of my fondest memories was starting up my DB9 in the garage and rolling down the path to the burble of the V12 thats not happening any time soon so my second fondest memory was firing up the CLS55 / SL55 and listening to the fast idle settle - this is in reach BUT in what body ?

Sods law says I have a heads up on a brilliant E63 but as Mrs DS says "does the roof come off" er no - so after having a E500 (2011) and being bored to tears with it I am thinking CLK 6.3 convertible only to find the things are RARE ebay and trader bring up 2 - one on 101k and one where the owner thinks he has Shergar under the bonnet at £25k ish (!) a CLK 350 would not cut it so the point of the thread (after a lot of rambling) is "anyone know of a CLK 6.3 ?"
Cheers ;o)

Fast forward to today the Zoe has gone (lease) the leaf has 2 months left (PCP) and my Mrs loved the Zoe but needs longer range and the new Zoe is ££££££ so were looking to lease or pcp a Captur as she likes the Renault controls and layout.

Ouch, haven't they just! The current prices are double what I'm paying for mine.

That said, mine will be going back early at this rate. Ongoing problems that still aren't rectified after nearly a year, and new ones keep cropping up - now it's decided it doesn't want to fully charge. I envisage a call to the lease company telling them they may shortly stop getting paid if it's not sorted.

Hello from the otherside - after joining in 2007 when I got a CLS55 I have since had a SL55 and a E500 convertible but now as the bitter reality of 7 year old twins at 53 slams home financially I was forced to cut down.
One last hurrah was a new Mustang convertible last year but it was no Merc (interior was shocking but it was cheap)
So we already had a Leaf and a Zoe for running around I needed a tip car and a family run out for over 40 miles (return) so I went and bought a XC70 with family pack of table and kids seats cos thats what you do innit ? 2005 £5500 great condition. Except the gearbox valve chest went in days ! dealer paid £750 towards the £900 bill inc a few other bits and it was great again but god it was so boring and uneventful I couldnt keep it and sold quickly for £5000 using the Mustang as our emergency petrol car. I sold the Mustang in September after 5.5 months of the summer and got my money back (as it had risen 4 times since I ordered it) and my local indie dealer had Outback a car I know nothing about and had no clue except it ticked every box for £3500 60k miles and great condition - so this is a flat 6 n/a auto with pan roof, hot leather, nav, elec seats and of course proper full time 4wd.

I drove it and a knocky droppy aside it was fantastic, the flat 6 has poor torque but is similar to a vtec in that lots happen after 4k revs and its not slow with 245 BHP (probably a few escaped over the 10 years) - downside are 19mpg city and £500 tax but for £3500 its great.

I have the Subaru and I dont think I will sell it as Ive stumbled on a great car by accident however for my new role as a ecommerce guru (!) I feel I need a more prestigious car and I am conscious we dont have a rag top in the house (we always have a convertible).

So one of my fondest memories was starting up my DB9 in the garage and rolling down the path to the burble of the V12 thats not happening any time soon so my second fondest memory was firing up the CLS55 / SL55 and listening to the fast idle settle - this is in reach BUT in what body ?

Sods law says I have a heads up on a brilliant E63 but as Mrs DS says "does the roof come off" er no - so after having a E500 (2011) and being bored to tears with it I am thinking CLK 6.3 convertible only to find the things are RARE ebay and trader bring up 2 - one on 101k and one where the owner thinks he has Shergar under the bonnet at £25k ish (!) a CLK 350 would not cut it so the point of the thread (after a lot of rambling) is "anyone know of a CLK 6.3 ?"
Cheers ;o)

I know of a clk63 convertible for sale in even can introduce you to the seller .

Op has already stated he owned a E500 and it bored him to tears.

I have the Subaru and I dont think I will sell it as Ive stumbled on a great car by accident however for my new role as a ecommerce guru (!)

Probably the best "Winter" car I ever had, and one I still regret selling. :(

Not sure on a clk but my C63 will be going up for sale soon, its roof is perminatly fixed on but with 550 ponies she will put a smile on your face

Sl63 amg?

Op has already stated he owned a E500 and it bored him to tears.

I had money not to be bored then ;) my boredom threshold has now been raised somewhat by the aforementioned 2.5 loss making companies!

Probably the best "Winter" car I ever had, and one I still regret selling. :(

Its so good its an amazing secret ...... however the central armrest is annoying. the 3.6 should be interesting but the 3.0 goes well enough for M&S tyres :eek:

Not sure on a clk but my C63 will be going up for sale soon, its roof is perminatly fixed on but with 550 ponies she will put a smile on your face ��

Does the roof come off ?

Sl63 amg?

SL55 was my SL experience - now have 2 kids .....

The CLK Cabrio 6.3 AMG is very interesting ... we are talking !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom