Fatmans W124 300d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fatman

Car
Mercedes 190 2.5d
Hi folks... long time member but never got around to putting a thread up for it.

I have had this thing for a few years now but have only gotten around to doing anything with it last summer in preparation for taking it to Edition38. Also got a trip to Stuttgart in July to the Mercedes Museum and that was an inspiring experience. I have some plans for it may as well do a build thread for the land barge.

IMG_1918 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

I got the car from my Granda... obviously! Rocking the sweet chrome arch trims, wind deflectors and a tow bar. The car was really well looked after... anything it needed, it got basically. Most of the work was done by a Mercedes Tech too so everything that was done, was done right! The arch trims, believe it or not, were used to keep grease on the arches. Quite an interesting way of stopping rust but it definitely worked! When I took the arch trim off, there was about a 1 inch hole in the rear arch... not too bad for a W124.

So... Pre edition prep.

H&R 60/40 springs in subtle lime green. Had to get a special compressor for these... as they are dangerous thing to do without.

IMG_3816 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

Also put some 18x8" Carlsson 1/6s on it that I bought from a guy on Gumtree a few years ago.

IMG_3819 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

IMG_3844 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

Pulled the towbar, arch trims, deflectors and gack seat covers off it. Tinted the front indicators to look like US ones and I also dropped it over to my mate Chris to detail it before setting sail... the man does good work.

The big bus went to Edition38 in Northampton with almost no issues... I'll explain below:

IMG_3932 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

A gift from my 'good' friends at VW Action.

IMG_3928 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

And some from Titanic Dubs in Belfast... last run out for the car this year!

IMG_3979 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

IMG_3981 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

So... Plans! Air suspension, full respray, new blue interior, early panels (preface lift bonnet, bumpers, headlights and lights), full suspension rebuild and sort out the fueling issues that started on the way to edition. I think its just bad diesel... hoping its not an issue with pump as they are complicated beast to rebuild. I'll probably pull the lines, filters and tank off and give them a good clean and see how it goes. I have bought a spare 250D that I'll be breaking soon so I'll use a lot of parts from that... can get pull the fuel tank from that, clean it out and swap it into mine in a day hopefully.

Cheers
Stefan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom