Fault code read on service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mc1

Car
E320cdi sport est
Hi, my car is going for service on Monday to mb under a service plan. It is due a d service on the dash with fuel and air filters. My question is will the fault codes get read? What else will they pay for? Brake fluid? Anything else?

Sound more like a B2 service

Usual service items air and oil filter, oil change, possibly brake and ATF fluid if not yet done/needs doing in the schedule

If you go online in the services section (EIS if I remember right) it will tell you what work they will be carrying out

Put your reg. no and mileage into this website and it will tell what will be carried out.

Mercedes-Benz ESS

If you ask them when you drop the car off you'll find out if they connect STAR to read any fault codes.

I have looked on the website and it say an A service but dash says D and dealer says B!!
Any ideas

^ There are really only two kinds of service . A minor and major service which are an A and a B service. The C,D, E etc is the costed time expected to spend doing the service and the additional items that are mileage dependant.
So I would expect the dealer to do a major service and any additional items (eg fuel and air filters) that your dash indicates due to mileage.

I'd check the service sheet afterwards to ensure its done.

Great thanks for your help AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom