Favourite Shampoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
I've used Zaino, Duragloss 901 & Wolf's car shampoo's all recommended on detailing world at some point or another.

Just about to run out & wanting to buy a new bottle, thinking of Bilt Hamer of Chemical Guys 'Citrus Wash'

What do you use or hate ? :dk::dk::dk::dk:

On a more serious note, I use Auto Glym shampoo and really like it. Has good cleaning properties and is easy to use.

Dodo juice 'born to be mild', best suff I have used in a long time.

CG Maxi Suds II or Glossworkz...dilution of the Glossworkz is great it will last a long time.

I have always used Autoglym Bodywork shampoo.... I am doing it wrong? Is there a better one?

def90cars said:
I have always used Autoglym Bodywork shampoo.... I am doing it wrong? Is there a better one?

If it works and you like it no!

AG stuff has been around for ever and lots of their stuff is good...SRP, EGP, glass polish...

Just bought some stuff from local Autosmart rep to try, if you are looking for value can't go far wrong...

Chemical guys Glossworkz or Mr Pink both good

+1.

All these fancy 'miracle' products come and go like fashion.

+2 always found it brilliant, have strayed over the years to Megs, AG, Zymol but the increase in price was never justified by the performance. 5 litre containers at Costco are a bargain and last ages even with 4 cars :thumb:

Autofinesse lather, no added crap or glossyfiers.... And there is a huge difference between the fancy miracle products and turtle wax etc lol, that's like saying there is no difference between going through a old school automatic brush drive through car wash and a proper detail lol.

Autofinesse lather, no added crap or glossyfiers.... And there is a huge difference between the fancy miracle products and turtle wax etc lol, that's like saying there is no difference between going through a old school automatic brush drive through car wash and a proper detail lol.

Not if you look at the chemistries of what's in the bottle, very very similar all of them. IMHO The high end ones just don't justify the price as the performance is not miles above the normal branded ones. Surfactants and their chemistry is my everyday business ;)

Sounds like you've been had by a marketing department.
I don't claim turtle wax is the absolute best but when it is half or quarter the price of the competition and there is very little discernible difference...

Auto Glym on my bike and car.Cheers, T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom