Festool discount voucher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Anyone else get one? If so, if you're planning to use it, what are you going to get?

I'very got my eye on a few more bits, including the PDC drill and the router table insert and table to attach to my MFT table.

Mind you, they do make care detailing machines. ;)

Anyone else get one? If so, if you're planning to use it, what are you going to get?

I'very got my eye on a few more bits, including the PDC drill and the router table insert and table to attach to my MFT table.

Mind you, they do make care detailing machines. ;)

Thanks Chris but all their stuff is well out of my price range. DeWalt, Makita & Bosch pro is good enough for me.

£400+ for a router seems silly money when you consider its just a high powered motor that spins at 22,000 rpm. How can it do a better job than a £200 equivalent machine?

Having said all that if I had the money to get everything then I would. :thumb:

I'm the same - have a look at Triton for a router, I've had their 1/2" one for some years and love it. Also Evolution - I have their 8" slide mitre saw and 8" circular saw, lovely tools - and all these are a lot cheaper than Festool!

I know some pretty s**t hot tradesman and none of them use Festool gear.

Far too expensive to get knicked (which is what will happen) and not very good looking either.

I paid £220 for the 1/2 DeWalt router about 9 years ago. It's done a lot of work (mainly kitchen worktops) and still as good as new.

TBH I don't have a favourite brand. I just go for the best deal at the time of ordering.

Next treat is an edgebander for the workshop but a decent one ain't cheap. :doh:

Ant. :thumb:

You get what you pay for.
Tried many others but you can't beat the quality of Festool, the precision is second to none IMHO :D

Matt

and not very good looking either.

I must confess that appearance is never a factor. I'd happily but a pink drill with yellow spots if it was quality and a fair price. :D

I know some pretty s**t hot tradesman and none of them use Festool gear.

Far too expensive to get knicked (which is what will happen) and not very good looking either.

I know some pretty sh!t tradesmen and none of them use Festool either! :D

As for getting kicked, they provide 3 years insurance against theft. Personally, I like the look of it, having a common colour scheme with the adjustment knows in green makes finding things easy.

I always used to buy Bosch, but felt their quality was slipping from stuff of old.

I always used to buy Bosch, but felt their quality was slipping from stuff of old.

Agreed on the Bosch. But all depends on what you consider a priority. I'm basically a 'general builder' so I need almost every tool for most trades. Therefor I can't possibly buy the best everything.

To me a cordless impact driver is a cordless impact driver. More than happy with the makita 18v range. The Festool impact driver is silly money in comparison. (And the Milwaukee stuff isn't far behind) Can't see how much better it can screw screws into wood.

I guess if you can afford Festool then great. But if you can't then it's not the end of the world. If you're conscientious then the end result will be the same with either.

How about some nice Hilti stuff?! :D

I tend to go quality for woodwork machinery, but stuff that doesn't need to be too accurate gets Bosch or other brands. I even have something from Lidl! :eek:

I try to buy Black & Decker wherever possible. :bannana:

I like to buy quality cutters & blades. Although like everything. Spend a fortune on worktop cutters and then £5 a time to have then sharpened. Makes you wonder if cheap and disposable is as cost effective.

As a kid I remember my Dad sharpening his handsaw. 20" Bacho saws for a fiver a piece. Not really worth it anymore is it?

I try to buy Black & Decker wherever possible. :bannana:

I like to buy quality cutters & blades. Although like everything. Spend a fortune on worktop cutters and then £5 a time to have then sharpened. Makes you wonder if cheap and disposable is as cost effective.

As a kid I remember my Dad sharpening his handsaw. 20" Bacho saws for a fiver a piece. Not really worth it anymore is it?

I sharpen my chainsaw chains.

My grandfather used to sharpen his saw blades. The trouble is, so much stuff is designed to basically be disposable these days, rather than good quality and worth looking after.

I sharpen my chainsaw chains.

I sharpen the the dogs teeth weekly. Just on the off chance it bites the mother-in-law. :bannana:

I am not a joiner and so I don't need any really fancy gear. The stuff I get really does depend on price or the deal of the day. I tend to misuse my stuff as well.....I use the same corded skillsaw for cutting aquaboard and MDF.

I had mostly De Walt gear at one stage but anything I am buying now is Hitachi. I haven't got an impact driver because I don't think I need one although I have 4 cordless drills.

The cordless recip saw is my fave at the mo. The best thing I bought is the flip over saw. It wont cut to the precision that a joiner or good chippy would want but for me its perfect.

I think my current favourite tool is my tiny Festool CXS drill. It looks like a toy but packs a pretty impressive punch. :)

I use the festool plunge saw with rails at work & great piece of kit, which tbh I didn't buy but its like everything, once you have used one & realised how good these tools are then I think you probably would part with your own money for one! But maybe not if it was just for diy..

I'm running out of retro fits!! MBClub UK

I use the festool plunge saw with rails at work & great piece of kit, which tbh I didn't buy but its like everything, once you have used one & realised how good these tools are then I think you probably would part with your own money for one! But maybe not if it was just for diy..

I'm running out of retro fits!! MBClub UK

I've got the plunge saw rail kit and it is a great bit of kit. I wish that I'd bought it earlier, as I probably wouldn't have bothered getting a table saw.

I've seen festool gear demonstrated and have been well impressed, but there is the price tag. I'm a general builder and can't justify it.
I've got makita 18v gear but pi$$ed off at battery failures. So far makita have replaced batteries foc, but I've run out of proof of purchases which thy ask for.
For corded tools I've found hitachi good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom