FIA does it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
His commentary isnt up to standard, its rubbish.. getting drivers wrong all of the time, you can tell whose who by looking at there safety helmets..

Is he the main link for commentary?

We all criticise Formula 1 commentators but by crikey it is not an easy task. Turn down the volume and try a continual commentary for just 5 minutes..............................

Most of these commentators are looking at a TV monitor and seeing exactly the same image as us. We can study this picture and take in all the minute (fine) detail, we will see things a commentator will miss because they are thinking about what they are saying and thinking about what they have to say, plus they will have a horde of advisers giving them information. This is why I will not lay into any of these folks unless I find therm boring :eek: :eek: ;)

Martin Brundle although never a World Champion has raced with or alongside the best of the best. He was good enough to walk the walk, and I believe he is certainly good enough to talk the talk. I don't like Coulthard, he is a party man through and through and we will be starved of any controversial input.

How many times have I said Herr Mouse-Ley is a very vindictive man? I have commented on how Brundle is being sued by the head of the FIA and to me this is a simple case of pay back. It is childish, vindictive, immature and the actions of a spoilt brat who always lashes out at those who cross him.

Hopefully the BBC will say they do the hiring, they do the firing, but will that then effect their chances of wanting to improve formula 1 coverage???

John

PS Where is little Scumbag? I miss the little pixie and his devotion to Jenson the Button:devil: :devil: :) :)

IMHO Brundle is a good a commentator as he was a driver (make of that what you will), and as for the rest of the clowns on ITV well lets hope they don't make the transition as well. The switch to ITV ruined TV coverage of this glorius sport, how many live incidents have we misssed over the years thanks to the adverts? At least the switch to BBC might bring some professionalism back to the coverage, lets just hope they recruit some professional commentators, from what I have seen so far ex F1 drivers do not make good commentators, has there ever been anyone to better Murray Walker? even though he did have some senior moments in his latter years, but it was always professional and entertaining!

I hear it will be the radio 5 formula 1 commentator?

They have some very interesting comments about Coulthard and I might have to eat my words:devil: :eek: :eek:

Regards
John

Brundle says it how it is, the FIA don't like criticism, particularly from someone who knows what He's talking about, has the drivers ear and is articulate.

Brundle says it how it is, the FIA don't like criticism, particularly from someone who knows what He's talking about, has the drivers ear and is articulate.

Brundle & Articulate not words you would normally use in the same sentence when related to either his driving or commentating ability?

The sports commentator has to tread an incredibly difficult line between controversy and the "party line". Whilst not a huge fan of some of the ITV commentary team I felt their race coverage was professional and compares well with the coverage of other major sporting events on television. They have addressed controversial issues to an extent but bearing in mind that they have to maintain some form of working relationship with the FIA they have to be slightly circumspect in what they say. I have felt recently that Steve Rider's post race summary was often damage limitation- an attempt to mitigate some of the comments made during the race. Martin Brundle's former cosy chats with Bernie+ celebs on the grid seems to be few and far between now and is another indication of a breakdown in the relationship between the ITV F1 team and the race organisers/teams. Martin Brundle's input when he first became a race commentator was highly insightful since he had literally stepped out of the car into the commentary box. Likewise his "grid walk" was highly entertaining since he was still "one of the boys" being on first name terms with almost all the drivers. Unfortunately he has perhaps failed to recognise that over the years his status has changed from racing driver to commentator and I feel his slightly irreverent attitude may now grate on the authorities, some of the younger drivers and racing team members who didn't know him in his racing days. There is obviously a move by the F1 "POWERS THAT BE" to try to exclude him from the new BBC team which would be a pity since finding an "authentic voice of F1 racing" may prove difficult otherwise. I much prefer commentators that voice strong opinions than those who provide bland uncontroversial voice overs even if you don't necessarily agree with them. Ultimately F1 would be the loser if he was to go but in situations like these the right decisions are not always taken and expediency rules. I hope the BBC retains its independence on who it chooses for its new commentary team whoever they are.

I was amazed at how James Hunt survived the Cat Jungle and doubt he would have survived this new PC era. I totally agree with all your very valid points.

Regards
John

The absence of adverts will be the biggest improvement. Lets see how the commentry team that the BBC assemble, perform in the first couple of races. Lets also remember what a fabulous 'job' it is, Brundle must be in a sweat thinking he might lose it, travelling the world to every GP, business class flights, top hotels, all the arrangements made for you. A very generous salary, [ will probably be even better with the BBC as they have a licence to p*ss money down the drain ]. As for Brundle I think he's so so , I can take him or leave him. As for Mosely, the blokes skin is thicker than a rhino's [ oh god he might sue me now in the high court and I can't afford any fancy lawyers, can we have a whip round, pardon the pun Max ]. Yes I think we're stuck with him for a while yet.

Brundle & Articulate not words you would normally use in the same sentence when related to either his driving or commentating ability?

Did you get bitten by Martin Brundle when you were a child or something? :crazy:

Martin Brundle is by far the best and most professional F1 commentator around, and I'd say as good as Murray Walker was in his own area. F1 would definitely be detrimentally affected if he isn't on the BBC team next year.

Martin Brundle is by far the best and most professional F1 commentator around, and I'd say as good as Murray Walker was in his own area. F1 would definitely be detrimentally affected if he isn't on the BBC team next year.

Agreed 100%

As a former F1 driver he brings infinitely more depth to the commentary than any non-driver ever could. He is also very articulate, knows the drivers and the teams, and has, to date, survived the Piranha Club. IMHO if the BBC wants their coverage to have any credibility he will be there

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Pity he never drove for the prancing horse .....if he had no-one would have objected.................now there's a strange word when talking F1 - objectivity ...

Martin Brundle does an excellent job.

He knows what he's talking about, knows the drivers and gets this over to the viewers very clearly.

He also knows the politics, and gets this over clearly too, which is why the morons at the FIA are trying to gag him. Outrageous!

Typical FIA.

The absence of adverts will be the biggest improvement. Lets see how the commentry team that the BBC assemble, perform in the first couple of races. Lets also remember what a fabulous 'job' it is, Brundle must be in a sweat thinking he might lose it, travelling the world to every GP, business class flights, top hotels, all the arrangements made for you. A very generous salary, [ will probably be even better with the BBC as they have a licence to p*ss money down the drain ]. As for Brundle I think he's so so , I can take him or leave him. As for Mosely, the blokes skin is thicker than a rhino's [ oh god he might sue me now in the high court and I can't afford any fancy lawyers, can we have a whip round, pardon the pun Max ]. Yes I think we're stuck with him for a while yet.
I much prefer the job of that geezer who gives the first three a towel each, hat and usually a watch. He is at every race and even has a non speaking part.

When questioned earlier this year after being served the writ, this is what Brundle said:

I expect my accreditation pass for next year will be hindered in some way to make my coverage of F1 more difficult and to punish me. Or they will write to ITV again to say that my commentary is not up to standard despite my unprecedented six Royal Television Society Awards for sports broadcasting. So be it.

John

I much prefer the job of that geezer who gives the first three a towel each, hat and usually a watch. He is at every race and even has a non speaking part.

Or the man that hands out the lollypops to the girls on the starting grid.

The sports commentator has to tread an incredibly difficult line between controversy and the "party line".

Brundle was the best in the ITV team and there's no reason that he shouldn't transfer over to BBC.

What the FIA is doing is typical of the business. Sports rights managemement is about maintaining a court of privilege controlled by strong personalities.

The BBC should hopefully tell them where to get off.

Did you get bitten by Martin Brundle when you were a child or something? :crazy:

I spoke to him at Silverstone last year biggest A*****e I have ever met so far up his own backside it's untrue. Gets his facts wrong, cant even recognise the drivers even though they are clearly identifiable from their helmets and he only has 2 cars to choose from in a team.

Brundle can't even speak English correctly so how can he be good? and OMG if we get Coulthard as well what a bonus that will be two has beens and misfits together, then I definitely will be getting a bigger satellite dish and watching it on one of our fellow Europeans professional channels, you want to see the German coverage of F1 different league to what we get.

Brundle & Coulthard I'm having nightmares at just the thought of it !!!!!!!!!:mad:

Wie Onkel - Wie Nephew. Ja?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom