Finally got a Mercedes daily.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
After a fair period of time I'm finally back in a mercedes as a daily driver (cls320 cdi being the last one about 18 months ago) it's still fairly temporary as I doubt I will keep it longer for more than 6 months as I don't keep daily drivers long.

So I have bought a CLK280 sport. It has AMG factory kit and 18" wheels. Black with black and ivory interior.

I'm going to do a few bits to it providing it's a good car.
Coilovers, and maybe 19" amg III's or something a little more stance like if I'm in the mood, along the rotiform rim lines maybe.
It's black so will need a full paint correction.
As it's petrol I'll probably get the most out of the engine in terms of noise not performance.

So my question is who has driven, owned or had experience with this 3.0 v6 unit? As I've never had one before or had dealings with them. All comments are as often welcome good or bad

Took a quick photo whilst parked up. Soon to get on the detailing and get rid of the swirlies.

Car drives really well, a one owner low mileage example! Bodywork is spot on!

I do wish I had a cls over this but this was the right deal for me at the time.

Last edited:
tec said:
A black cat in a coal mine.

I know it's a terrible photo but I will upload decent ones when I've actually cleaned it properly! Also quickly took the amg badge off the back so it's no longer a chav wagon!

So a very quick change of direction for me, due to business commitments I'm having to buy a landrover discover commercial.

The clk is going up for sale so if anybody is interested just drop me a PM

Ffs gunning, you change your cars more often than I change my pants!! :)

Ted said:
Ffs gunning, you change your cars more often than I change my pants!! :)

I know sometimes I almost annoy myself haha I still own trapperjohns 300ce though which I believe is the longest time I've owned a car.

Can we see some pictures of the CLK, have you done any work on it yet? Don't want to buy it , but always liked them.

peter103 said:
Can we see some pictures of the CLK, have you done any work on it yet? Don't want to buy it , but always liked them.

There's an advert on here with some info. Barely did anything to it just some servicing work at an mb indi.

I left it standard but I'm unable to upload any photos due the fact I've gone over my upload usage on here

There's an advert on here with some info. Barely did anything to it just some servicing work at an mb indi.

I left it standard but I'm unable to upload any photos due the fact I've gone over my upload usage on here

You can delete old photos you aren't using any more to free up some space...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom