First Aid Wheels exchange offer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Anyone had experience with First Aid Wheels exchange program?

There are a couple of interesting offers on eBay, at a better price than directly on their site, for my 18" AMG style III wheels, and it works out cheaper than getting then refurbished, and obviously faster as it's a swap (and a single trip).

Somewhat concerned that I might end up with welded, etc wheels, but then by the same token, one can never know, if the wheels coming from refurb process are actually the same that went in ...

I've heard good reports about them and I'm considering using them in the near future. They have a proper refurb process and are reasonably choosey about the wheels they will accept in the exchange process i.e. no cracks buckles or badly kerbed.

Mark

Although not exchanged,my wheels were in a state. Really pleased with the job they did.
Before and after pics

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20161030_223515.jpg
    ForumRunner_20161030_223515.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 33
  • ForumRunner_20161030_223748.jpg
    ForumRunner_20161030_223748.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 34
If it's anything like the exchange place I used mate, they thoroughly check your wheels for cracks or damage before they accept them. If any cracks are found then they won't accept

That's good to know! I've looked carefully and can't see any cracks, although of course, there might be some well hidden from view ...

Who did you use Ash?

GLK said:
That's good to know! I've looked carefully and can't see any cracks, although of course, there might be some well hidden from view ... Who did you use Ash?

I used Top Wheels in Morecambe mate, drive and a half :eek:

Never used them.

However, when looking at pics of couple of sets of 19" amg wheels it was very noticeable that they had machined off excessive metal off the face of the wheels for the diamond cutting.looking at the amg embelm was an instant give away.

Ha-ha ... been there, done that! :doh:

After years of living on a 21x7 miles island, not surprising ... I'm much better at it now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom