First clean after respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stereophoney

Car
SLK32, Clio Diesel
Decided to get some paint issues sorted out as it really annoyed me that no matter how clean the car, I could still see them. The main issues were a scab on the bonnet and the front wings. The wings have been painted in the past, but whoever did them didn't remove the badges. When I went to de-badge them a nice outline was left. Also had the wheels refurbished as they had a few kerb marks. Still got to sort out the wheel nuts as a few are rusty and then onto the interior.

Todays jobs were wash and dry, clay, polished with non-cutting polish. Re-did the black trim, cleaned up the exhaust, dressed the tyres. Didn't wax as read differing opinions as to how long you should leave it after painting, so I'll give it a little longer!

WP_20140803_009111_zpsjgb4gxo4.jpg

WP_20140830_002_zpsd0ntoedc.jpg

1_zps7wqx9irn.jpg

2_zpsqb8kt1tm.jpg

3_zpsn9x4513r.jpg

4_zps2ku7xknh.jpg

5_zpscva9z0z9.jpg

6_zpsbi7g8vtd.jpg

7_zpsm9xp4o8i.jpg

8_zpsehwyflz9.jpg

9_zpsxqybvrs9.jpg

10_zpspsssch9s.jpg

12_zpspbufai3g.jpg

11_zps2sqoklkn.jpg

13_zpsxgzvyfl1.jpg

14_zpscczyvumd.jpg

Job well done - the car looks fantastic.
The R170 really suits that colour.

Very rare beast you have there, just a shame that the paint work's silver so you can't really see all the hard work you've put in!

Well done. Hard work but worth it! :)

Looking good there - I miss my 230 Special Edition which had the same wheels as yours.

Thanks for the comments. I admit that silver wouldn't have been my colour of choice, but there's not really much choice when looking for these. Only ever 2 or 3 for sale at a time with most being silver, so you might be in for a long wait if you want a decent one in a different colour!

30 days seems to be an oft quoted figure as time elapsed before any post painting treatment be applied---- seems a good compromise between convenience and letting any longer term paint chemical stabilisation reactions to take place. :dk:

Looks superb and in the silver

Thanks for the comments. I admit that silver wouldn't have been my colour of choice, but there's not really much choice when looking for these. Only ever 2 or 3 for sale at a time with most being silver, so you might be in for a long wait if you want a decent one in a different colour!
Silver also wasn't my first choice of colour, and you're right, it was a long wait !
Mine is in Firemist and I'm well pleased with it, but it can't compete with a freshly resprayed body. It looks gorgeous mate :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom