First Impressions Of My New E250 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotsman520

Car
E250 Coupe Sport Edition 125 Auto
Hi again,

Well the car arrived yesterday in time for me to make the 16 mile journey home form work. Whenever I drive a new car for the first time I do get quite nervous about anyone bumping, anyway, I made it home unscathed.
I was trying to press buttons and view displays I should not have been doing right enough, needless to say I could not get much working properly.

I have something on last night so didnt get a chance to view the manual and sit in the car working out everything so I am not a lot further forward with it. I am car sharing today so I havent brought it into work, so I am still itching to get in to enjoy and explore.

MY first impressions are it is a really well put together car and drives very well indeed. It is a real head turner I think as I have had a few compliments already from work colleagues and neighbours.

One thing I tried to work and didnt was getting postcodes on the NAV 50, is that not an option? I will read the book tonight so I will probably find out then. No doubt after I read the book I will be back here with a million questions lol. Also my clock is set an hour ahead, like it didnt go back at the weekend, is there a setting to allow that to happen automatically?

In previous threads I have had requests for photos, I will get them done as soon I have enough light. One thing I wanted to know was how to block out the number plates on the photos, anyone got a tip for that?

Anyway, I have had limited exposure to it so far, but all good.

Aaagh! That would be killing me. Bet you can't wait. :bannana:

One thing I wanted to know was how to block out the number plates on the photos, anyone got a tip for that?
Either use any photo/paint based software will let you obscure the plate by rubbing out, painting over or swirling the registration or even simpler - cut a piece of A4 paper in half and cover part or all of the number plate before you take the pics. :D

Hi again,

Well the car arrived yesterday in time for me to make the 16 mile journey home form work. Whenever I drive a new car for the first time I do get quite nervous about anyone bumping, anyway, I made it home unscathed.
I was trying to press buttons and view displays I should not have been doing right enough, needless to say I could not get much working properly.

I have something on last night so didnt get a chance to view the manual and sit in the car working out everything so I am not a lot further forward with it. I am car sharing today so I havent brought it into work, so I am still itching to get in to enjoy and explore.

MY first impressions are it is a really well put together car and drives very well indeed. It is a real head turner I think as I have had a few compliments already from work colleagues and neighbours.

One thing I tried to work and didnt was getting postcodes on the NAV 50, is that not an option? I will read the book tonight so I will probably find out then. No doubt after I read the book I will be back here with a million questions lol. Also my clock is set an hour ahead, like it didnt go back at the weekend, is there a setting to allow that to happen automatically?

In previous threads I have had requests for photos, I will get them done as soon I have enough light. One thing I wanted to know was how to block out the number plates on the photos, anyone got a tip for that?

Anyway, I have had limited exposure to it so far, but all good.

Good luck with your new car,command sat navs don't like full postcodes unfortunately:(

command sat navs don't like full postcodes unfortunately:(
<sigh>

Most current COMAND units support full UK 7-digit postcodes: COMAND Online certainly does, as does NTG2.5 from 2009, etc. NAV 50 is not COMAND though, and only does 5 digits just like the older COMAND units.

Regarding the time changing automatically from BST to GMT & vice versa, check what date the car thinks it is. My W204 which just had Audio 20 switched automatically, so I'd expect a NAV 50 to do so (COMAND certainly does).

OP: Enjoy your new car :thumb:

<sigh>

Most current COMAND units support full UK 7-digit postcodes: COMAND Online certainly does, as does NTG2.5 from 2009, etc. NAV 50 is not COMAND though, and only does 5 digits just like the older COMAND units.

Regarding the time changing automatically from BST to GMT & vice versa, check what date the car thinks it is. My W204 which just had Audio 20 switched automatically, so I'd expect a NAV 50 to do so (COMAND certainly does).

OP: Enjoy your new car :thumb:

At least not on my ntg1 version i should have mentioned:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom