First impressions of the Weistec / MSL C63 Monster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee C63

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 (weistec supercharged)
Well I drove down to MSL today to pick the car up, I felt sick with excitement and wondering if I had done the right thing, it’s not as if the C63 is any slouch and I was wondering can it really be as good as you see on the You tube clips and reviews on the American forums.
Anyway I arrived at MSL and was greeted by Acid who was grinning (as always) and seemed as excited as me. He took me to see the car and it was actually just being polished (cracking mini detail by Acids Brother).
There was definitely tension in the air when he turned the key and started it…….one thing is for sure the clips on You tube do not do the sound justice, the supercharger whine sounds amazing and the sound from the exhaust is just mental now it really does roar bang and pop (it’s a totally standard exhaust).
A quick blast up Acids private quarter mile stretch (if you have been to MSL you know what I mean) in damp and cold conditions quickly showed that 1st and 2nd gear were a waste of time and the Quaife LSD was working overtime but could not get the power down. However, even in standard form the car was a nightmare in the wet.
So it was time for thanks and farewells and until the next time (I think myself and Acid may have some ideas on what to do with the car next…..but that’s further down the line). I set off for Newcastle and snaked down the private quarter mile with a big stupid grin on my face.
Heading for the motorway via Birmingham centre proved the car was as docile as ever and the only noticeable difference was a slight whine from the supercharger when pulling away….which sounds pretty cool.
Once on the main roads (A42 /M42) the roads dried out and gave me an opportunity to “ get the Hammer down”……………….Holy F**k this thing is quick now I mean seriously quick it just pulls and pulls. The only thing I can compare it too is similar to a take off on a jet plane!!!!
It sits cruising silently at 70-90 without any noise just as it used too, but once you plant your foot it kicks down and takes off, I dare say acceleration in 3rd is just as hard as 2nd. I scared myself a couple of times off “blipping” it to overtake and then glanced at the speedo and thought this is Straight to jail speeds (just for the record I don’t “drive it like I stole it” and still have a clean licence…..for now).
Once the roads had dried out I stopped off at the services and then remembered there was the “S” button!!!!! Pulling onto the slip road off the roundabout it dug in and just took off Supercharger screaming and exhaust throwing out gallons of fuel and making a noise like thunder………I am struggling to think of the words but I can only compare the acceleration through the gears similar to a fast bike (I have a 2012 Fireblade). You are shoved back hard in the seat every time it changes up.
All I can say is a massive thanks to Acid and the guys at MSL for doing a truly fantastic job and creating the 1st Supercharged C63 in the UK and I dare say the most powerful one.
I have it booked onto a Dyno on Monday which is the same Dyno that was used prior to the conversion so I will post the graphs once it’s done.

Great stuff Lee - just take it steady for a while.

Did you crown it with that fab little badge?

Did you crown it with that fab little badge?[/QUOTE]

Yep sits nicely under the AMG badge.:bannana:
Acid took plenty of photos and a couple of video clips so if they come out OK I dare say he will upload them.:D

What would have been funny would be to put a really big "Turbo" sticker on the boot and some Ripspeed stick on Tat.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the detailed write up on first impressions.

Do take the time to get used to it though!

Sounds superb Lee....hope to see it in the flesh at a MSL gathering next year....personally I think you should now de-badge or maybe put C220 cdi decals on it, so you can scare and shock ppl lol

Take it easy mate, serious power management to contend with:eek: although seeing as you got a fire-blade you know all about that...:D

Sounds superb Lee....hope to see it in the flesh at a MSL gathering next year....personally I think you should now de-badge or maybe put C220 cdi decals on it, so you can scare and shock ppl lol

Ha ha. I was considering just putting on C200 kompressor :)

How can you merge those pipes at the rear into two...??

Sounds great, something I am seriously looking at after the warranty on the car runs out, I hope you go to the MSL day so I can take you up on that offer of a passenger ride :)

Lee that is just crazy!!! Love it, if you would like to indulge to the costings of conversion? if u don't want to nevermind,

Lee that is just crazy!!! Love it, if you would like to indulge to the costings of conversion? if u don't want to nevermind,

I was the lucky one to get the offer that MSL had on for the free install so it was parts only (still had to raid the piggy bank and the familys christmas presents may not be as good as usual)
I belive Acid is going to put on another offer of a group buy.
If you have a C63 and see yourself as a petrol head this is a must do mod....makes the car insane. So speak to Acid at MSL if your intrested.

Lee, why are you sat on the forum and not howling your way along the A69?!

Its still a bit wet i went out earlier for a quick spin.....literally in "S" it spins as it changes up to 4th......came home and changed underwear and just waiting for my heart rate tp go down :):eek:

: )

because lee is in getting new tyres I suspect!! a set or rears a week I would think!! :D:D:D

Just thought I would put a quick update on as I have managed to rack up probably another 100 miles today……basically playing in the car.
On cold start it really barks into life now. I had the Eurocharged V4 map on prior to the Supercharger and I was impressed with the cold start and cracks and bangs you could get with just the standard exhaust. However, this is a much more aggressive sound and snap to the exhaust.
It was still damp and wet and pulling away like I am used to doing ended up with wheels pin and the traction cutting in.
It really does require a change in driving style due to the Torque increase.
In the wet it has to be in C for normal driving as when it kicks down early in S it just spins and the traction cuts in which can be a bit annoying. However in C it pulls hard and steady with careful right foot management.
One thing I think is different is the steering feels heavier once on the move, To install the Supercharger requires the power steering pump re-locating and I think it gets a smaller pulley so this would explain the heavier steering. To be fair it feels better being a little heavier.
Out of interest I sat at a steady 70mph and popped it into S and floored it, the traction flashed up and held the car back until it gripped then it just pulled hard right up to the red line and shifted up which caused a load more wheel spin and the traction control stepped in again. At that point I decided no more S when its damp and wet.
The thing I love about it is the way you can just squeeze the power on in C and without kickdown it just pulls lovely from any RPM and you feel yourself pushed back hard in the seat.
Kicking round the town you would not know it had anything special done apart from a nice whine from the supercharger at low RPM (which must just be masked from the exhaust note at Higher RPM).
Just thought I would give a little update being as honest as possible, so any one interested in going down this route can have an idea of what to expect
Its on the Dyno tomorrow so I will post up the results.
I have had a few phone calls from Acid over the last couple of days just making sure I am happy with everything and there are no issues……what a top guy, customer service like that is why I will happily drive to Birmingham from Newcastle if anything needs doing on the car in the future…….
So to sum up so far……am I happy, did I make the right decision……… I am 100% happy I made the decision now all I need is for a dry day!!!!

I was speaking to acid the other day about having this done. Got some prices and had a lengthy chat. It's not a cheap mod but Really tempted now lol.

Awesome stuff pal. Glad your pleased.

It's a shame the weather is so poor ATM, I'm sure you're itching to plant it properly. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom