First post! Just sold 2013 GT-R, now looking for c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sustanon250 said:
How much are you looking at for one of them? I understand they have stronger engine internals . What would one with headers and map make compare to a regular C63 ?

Any with the Performance pack option will have up rated internals, but the 507 is just a little more special. Mapping performance wise I'm not sure, but they're more of a special item than a PPP C63

I think Shaks Special Cars has a 507 for £39,000, but think of the range of forty grand upwards is a good bet. There's a garage in Birmingham which has a white C63 with Accuair suspension and nicely modded which is up for £38,000 but it's not a 507

Ecain63 on here is best person to ask

Here's the one with the snazzy suspension~

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607155876229

Last edited:
"Mike must have a white one" to me inferred I was suggesting he wants a white one as I've one for sale? I thought it's obvious what I meant if someone had seen the photo, and so maybe it didn't load for him or something. ;)

Sorry Mike. I do have a really bad habit of sticking my nose in. :doh:

I get you now. :D

I'm always interested to hear about people changing from a GT-R to an E63 or C63 or a.n.other.

The reasons given above make sense though...

I have a guilty urge for a GT-R but I know I will end up dead or doing time which is one reason why I've not pursued.

I had the chance to buy a nice black 2010 plate with all the necessary work done and running same 600BHP as mine, still under warranty, for good money a few months back. I didn't press the button as being closer to 41 myself and not exactly light, I value my automotive creature comforts these days (and I can see that only going one way).

I do still like the 996 though - I love them when they came out... not to mention the GT2.

Even though I prefer the headlights on the later Porkers - the 996 was the first 911 that really did the figures in my mind.

Good luck with the hunt.

3 reasons for the change really , a) even though I'd only had the GT-R 6 months and covered only 1k miles I'd started to bore of it. B) I was regularly driving it flat out down B roads and it was only a matter of time before I killed myself and c) I'm old (45) and miss the luxury/comfort of my BMW X6M !

If you have owned a GT-R you might understand , they are not refined at all , have an extremely hard ride , clunky gearbox and a hot cabin! They are only really good for one thing .....SPEED
My friend got GTR and said he's not buying my C63 any more. But then, after another ride in it, he said it's more fun than his car.

I totally understand comments about GTR.

My friend got GTR and said he's not buying my C63 any more. But then, after another ride in it, he said it's more fun than his car.

I totally understand comments about GTR.

Did you own a Aston? Name is familiar

How much are you looking at for one of them? I understand they have stronger engine internals . What would one with headers and map make compare to a regular C63 ?

Doesn't make any difference if you are going to mod weather it's a standard 457bhp or a 507bhp model.
There is a urban myth that the light internals let it rev faster, which I could say is possible so that means the traction control light can come on faster lol.

Mine has pretty much stock internals and was a 457bho car initially.

Headers and re-map will get you roughly 550bhp.....but bear in mind with headers and the stock exhaust it will be loud.....as in your neighbours will all be woken when you start the cat on a morning.

There is a Dyno day at MSL on the 18th September and they are running offers on headers and remaps so might be worth giving them a shout

As Lee C63 says, there is a Dyno day at MSL in Birmingham on the 18th so may be worth coming along and having a chat with some of the owners and MSL to get a feel for the C, E, S CLS etc. in AMG form that are available and the various options :thumb:

From what I read the E63 is the more rounded car IMHO .That's if you are looking for a more "leisurely" performance driving experience as you say above ??

Nice. Any regrets?

Honestly no

Really enjoying having some luxury after having drove a lot of track spec cars etc as daily cars

I've modded the e63 abit though which has made it much more enjoyable

Here was my R35

image_zpstnyemwdm.jpeg

image_zpscxkcbkoa.jpeg

image_zps0fuiv2lr.jpeg

WRT the diff: does fitting something like the Quaife aftermarket ATB affect any remaining manufacturer warranty on the c63 or their servicing/Mobilo service?

Luke-BITURBO, driving on those cobblers cant have been fun :D:bannana:

Last edited:
WRT the diff: does fitting something like the Quaife aftermarket ATB affect any remaining manufacturer warranty on the c63 or their servicing/Mobilo service?

Yes it will technically void it but as the Quaife fits in the same housing as the original and they have a guarantee, it would be difficult to know/need to go to MB for a diff problem if it should occur

Where's the details regarding this dyno day sorry to hijack just brought a c63 and this is what I'm looking into

I bought a white C63 coupe last year. I had MSL fit the quaife LSD and will be getting the remap during the dyno day on the 18th Sep, Should see 520bhp with the map.
It's a great car in all ways.
I think it has a perfect balance of comfort, performance and the soundtrack is addictive!
I was going to get a GTR before the C63 but I couldnt get insurance cover :( I am however very happy with the C63 after 1 year and 5k miles done.

Certainly worth trying some of the other AMG offerings before pulling the trigger.

I bought a white C63 coupe last year. I had MSL fit the quaife LSD and will be getting the remap during the dyno day on the 18th Sep, Should see 520bhp with the map.
I think it has a perfect balance of comfort, performance and the soundtrack is addictive!
I was going to get a GTR before the C63 but I couldnt get insurance cover :( I am however very happy with the C63 after 1 year and 5k miles done.

That's good to hear !!!!

I just need to move house in September (from Bucks to Kent) and I'll be on the case searching for a mint C63 !

Sorry to go off-topic slightly and being nosey.

What sort of ballpark figure are you looking at to have the Quaiffe fitted?

I too am cautiously looking at the C63 but coming from an A45 that is planted in all situations, a non LSD equipped C63 gives me a few doubts.

Sorry to go off-topic slightly and being nosey.

What sort of ballpark figure are you looking at to have the Quaiffe fitted?

I too am cautiously looking at the C63 but coming from an A45 that is planted in all situations, a non LSD equipped C63 gives me a few doubts.

Birds will fit it for £1304+VAT but our indies often have a deal going.
Eurocharged Watford and Acid at MSL are the guys to talk to when the time comes.

Search for Quaife parts | Birds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom